• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm new

dimond

Hi everyone! I'm slowly finding my way around here so please be gentle with me lol I had a gastric band privately 2 years ago but it didn't work, had it removed 2 days ago on NHS. I will be having a bypass on 13th August again on NHS but I'm terrified this doesn't work either! I love reading the threads. Everyone seems so nice and helpful. Has anyone else had a failed band then had a bypass? Diamond xxx

Welcome, there's lots of support here to keep you positive on the second leg of your journey, I'm having my band out on Tuesday after 12 years, the last 5 being dreadful when I reflect. NHS won't help so I'm self funding for removal and bypass. Roll on Tuesday ,

hi welcome to group lovie xxx

Good luck to you both x

Thanks for replies! Good luck for Tuesday dottydalmation, hope all goes well
Hi twinkle toes, looking forward to reading about your journeyxxx

I'm just coming up to the end of my second year and have no weight loss in 12 months. Really depressed about it. I cannot have the band restricted any more as it causes problems. The band is nothing like what i expected. In my mind it would restrict the amount of food that i ate, but in reality it restricts the TYPE of food i eat too. So much so, i tend to eat a lot of crap because it's the only thing that i can keep down. I have a problem with my shoulder that needs physio, but i can't do the physio because it pulls on the muscle that my port is attached to. The hospital has advised me not to do any stretching exercises! I think it is probably the worst thing that i have ever done. I didn't think it would be a walk in the park but the same time i didn't think that it would cause a lot more problems. Did you lose any weight at all? Did you take the issue up with the hospital concerned? Did they/Are they recompensing you in any way?

Hello & welcome :)
Don't worry about the bypass not working it does! You couldn't go back to eating big like before even if you wanted to , your body just couldn't take it. I have heard in many years to come you could gain weight if you wasn't careful, but I think people who go back to their original sizes after a bypass are people who no matter what WLS they have... nothing would work! If you follow the rules and use the tools you're given you will be OK :D

Hi I'm not in your situation but I still wanted to say hiya :)

Thanks for the welcome x
Hi auzzie, didnt really lose much weight with the band, like you healthy food like chicken etc just got stuck no matter how tight or slack band was so resorted to crap as I was hungry. I dont eat big portions so maybe I shouldn't have had the band in the first place. Let's hope the bypass will help me get to the place I want to be.
I haven't taken it up with the hospital as i feel I'm to blame aswell x

Hi yviec1972
Good luck for your first app x

Ta xx

Hi and again thanks for the welcome x Hi liz, I was on waiting list for Sunderland but waiting list is never ending so decided to go with Darlington. I would love to come to your support group, that would be great. Could you let me know when it's on. Looking forward to meeting you all xxxxx

Back