• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mummy bear

lorna bell

Hi everyone I am new to the site and think its great.
I am a real sad case !
I had a a bypass done 3 years ago and lost 5 stone but have since put back on 2 stone.
I am havin a band on top of my bypass in leeda nuffield on the 18 november 2008. Has anyone out there had this done.
Im at my wits end and dont know what i will do if this fails to.

mummy bear

Hi Lorna Bell

Welcome to Mini's!

I'm sorry that you've been through the bypass and it hasn't bee successful for you.

Do you know why it has failed like this?

It's a very possitive thing that you are not giving up and are having the band on 18th November. This will not fail you as well. You have the strength and determination to go through with it, therefore you have both to make you work with it as well.

Has your new stomach stretched? Have you been able to eat more and is this why you have put 2 stones back on?

You are not a sad case. You have been very honest and I respect that so much. Failure is not an option for you, this is why you are going through with the band as well. You can do it babe. We're all here to help each other and we're here for you!

I look forward to speaking with you and getting to know you more and if there is anything I can help you with, please ask!

Gina xxxx

Hi LB, welcome to minis, nothing to feel bad about your amongst friends on here....we look forward to following your progress....Gina has asked all the questions I would of asked so will wait for your answers.....they are a great crowd on here and you will soon feel part of it....xx

Hi LB, welcome to Mini's :) You'll find loads of support here through your surgery and afterwards.

I've added your date to the operation dates sticky, there is another member having surgery at Leeds Nuffield in November called junkinmytrunk but she's not posted much recently.

I've not heard of someone having the band as a revision to bypass, so it will be interesting to follow your progress, more often it's the other way round. I hope it works for you and you get the results you want.

Shel

hi just to welcome
hope everything goes well for you and what ever your decision we will be here to support you through
emma

Hi

Welcome to Minis.......Everyone here is here to support you

Do you know why you have put weight on..... Or why the Bypass has failed......

Hi and welcome to MiniMins.

Would also be interested to hear why your bypass failed. There was a lady at the group meeting I attended last month who had a band a year ago but had put on weight, but not heard of a bypass failure before so would be interested to hear the circumstances. (Hope that doesn't sound like I'm saying you were the cause of the failure, I don't mean it like that if it does, just tricky to find the right words if you know what I mean).

Back