• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm New : ))))

Annie1965

:)
Hi my names Anne and I have been accepted for WLS in Bradford. I've been to see the dietitian today and I don't know whether to have a band or a sleeve. I'd would welcome any advise as I'm really scared to be honest

:)
Hi my names Anne and I have been accepted for WLS in Bradford. I've been to see the dietitian today and I don't know whether to have a band or a sleeve. I'd would welcome any advise as I'm really scared to be honest

How much would you like to lose?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am under Mr Gokhale at Bradford but dont mind who does the operation they all appear to be very good as surgeons from what I have heard

Welcome hun :)

Hi welcome, I think you should focus on the amount of weight you need to lose and your eating habits. I'm from Baltimore and my doctor told me to get the sleeve because I'm a sweet eater. It works better for my type of eater. I know that if you only need a little weight loss the band is best, but again it depends on your habits. Good luck

Hi Annie,
Welcome, the dietician and the surgeon will go through your eating habits and suggest the operation that suits you best. You need to do as much research as possible so that you are well informed enough to agree or disagree with that. I'm having a bypass (tomorrow), because of the way I eat and the quantity I eat and the health conditions I have. I'd say I didn't choose it, it chose me. There is a very good support group for Bradford, and a few of us Yorkshire Ladies meet up regularly for a chat and coffee, though we are not meeting again until January. I will post on here when the next meet up is if your interested.

Agree with above posts. I wanted a band & was devasted that the surgeon advised me against it based on my weight loss ambition, eating habits etc. I cried for a week then started researching & speaking to the bariatric team at the hospital. I was advised for a sleeve or bypass. I chose a sleeve for my personal needs & love it. I haven't looked back. Good luck.

Love my sleeve. I can eat anything in small quantities and it is maintenance free. But a sleeve is for life and not just for Christmas so be sure you want a irreversible solution. I did.

hey im from bradford too, Gokhale did my friends surgery, very good surgoen there hun. Ive got halstead and am currently on waiting list, will be next year for me but i dont mind. Where abouts in Bradford are u hun? x

Im from Thackley in Bradford I have seen the dietitian who was lovely and had my oyimeter tests done just waiting to see Mr Gokhale and then be put on the list. I assuming it will take a while after that but not sure. What sort of timescales have they given you??

i was told by my friend who works at BRI that the time scale is from 3-6months wait hun. xx

I can't really give you any guidance on timescales because I had a baby in between my first appointment and my op.

I had my preop in may 12 and I kept ringing the waiting list office for a update and they said they had no timescales for the ops and that other types if ops were taking priority. Then out of the blue (beginning of November) I got a call saying the op was going to be on 27th nov at Nuffield, it's been a bit of a whirl wind.

hey im from bradford too, Gokhale did my friends surgery, very good surgoen there hun. Ive got halstead and am currently on waiting list, will be next year for me but i dont mind. Where abouts in Bradford are u hun? x

i really would love to get together with you guys from bradford. i have sent an email to the support group but have had no reply. ive seen the dietician and am waiting to see mr gokhale to tell him ive dicided on a sleeve but need to talk to people who have hAd this cos im scared my hubby doesnt want to talk about it but my bezt buddy is supportive. please help xxx

I can't really give you any guidance on timescales because I had a baby in between my first appointment and my op.

I had my preop in may 12 and I kept ringing the waiting list office for a update and they said they had no timescales for the ops and that other types if ops were taking priority. Then out of the blue (beginning of November) I got a call saying the op was going to be on 27th nov at Nuffield, it's been a bit of a whirl wind.

i hope everything went well im so scared and i need inspiration from people like urself. im hoping i can go to either the yorkshire clinic or nuffield but it does scare me incase something goes wrong
how did u find the nuffield ?
would love to chat about it sometim

Annie1965- Nuffield was great it was just like a hotel!!! And meant me date was almost guaranteed, unlike at bri, U also had 1 on 1 nurse care when u came out of theatre which was good coz I was really groggy. I was very scared before, and was worried I wouldn't wake up, but I just tried not to think about it, which was ok for me as I had such short notice for the op date, I don't think I could have handled a long wait!! It would be great to meet up or chat about it

Annie1965- Nuffield was great it was just like a hotel!!! And meant me date was almost guaranteed, unlike at bri, U also had 1 on 1 nurse care when u came out of theatre which was good coz I was really groggy. I was very scared before, and was worried I wouldn't wake up, but I just tried not to think about it, which was ok for me as I had such short notice for the op date, I don't think I could have handled a long wait!! It would be great to meet up or chat about it

really would love to meet up im off work over xmas and i live in thackley are u near me at all ?

Back