• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

kaytee

Kay1962

Hi
I am waiting to have my band fitted on the 6th May, cant come quick enough. I have found this site really helpfull and great to know that there are others out there like me.:wave_cry:I start my pre-op diet next Sunday for three weeks. A little aprehensive but like I said I cant wait. I keep having thoughts that what if my liver doesnt shrink enough eeek.

hi kay and wellcome to this forum, dont worry about haveing thoughts of your liver not shrinking i think everyone who has done the liver shrinking diet and had a gastric op have had the same thoughts as you myself included, the truth be known i put on 3oz after my pre op diet but my liver was shrunken to a nice size so as long as you follow the pre op diet you will be fine and then if you loose weight also that will be a bonus. take care and keep posting there is a lot of advice and support to be had from this site. xxxxx

Good luck! Xx

Hello and welcome!

Hi and welcome, Good Luck with the pre op diet x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

Thank you all so much for the support. I have had a really bad week binging so tomorrow start a high protein plan then next Sunday the milk and yogurt for three weeks. I am feeling nervous but really look forward to a healthier me. So good to be able to talk to other banders as I have only told my daughters, mother and hubby oh and my brother who is waiting for his bypass in three months time. Rest of the family mainly inlaws feel that bands are not the way to go!!!!! Needless to say none of them have serious weight problems!!! Again thank you for support.

Last edited:
Back