• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie- sleeve op 21/05/15

loulie

Ive been here before many times but forgot my log ons lol (silly me)

my story so far is...

Ive been overweight all my life and cant remember what its like to be or feel healthy. Im only 22yo and weighing in at 380lbs.

I met with my GP years ago and he referred me to the team at ninewells in Dundee. i was approved for surgery and told to go lose my 10% quit smoking etc. All of which i managed and when it came time for my pre op assessment they found out i was severely anaemic. They put me on pills for 6 months to try and get my iron levels up and during this 6 months i put all my weight back on and some! my struggle has always been maintaining my weight loss. after another 2 years on the NHS lists faffing about and never meeting requirements and them constantly changing their minds i decided enough was enough.

it was time to take things into my own hands.

so i decided to look into going private and at first wanted to go abroad as the price was much cheaper but then thought of the after-care and was put off. i was contacted by a group called TONIC who are based down in England and i spoke to the loveliest woman called Kay, the next day i was contacted by the surgeon Dr Awad who gave me a consultation over the phone and basically had me sold. he made me feel so at ease and excited again. i was made to feel hopeful again. As im young and still living at home i had a long chat with my mum and we decided that id go ahead and go private.

today Kay called me again and i told her id like to go ahead with surgery :D:D:D:D:D:D:D i got my loan sorted straight away and im booked in for May 21st at Derby royal hospital :D

im honestly so excited. its all moving so quickly and ive to start my pre op liver shrinking diet tomorrow :D

does anyone have any tips for me for the diet/surgery:?
or has anyone had surgery by Mr Awad?

all help welcome

Kirstie x

Welcome Kirstie

I wish you all the best for your upcoming op. There are lots of other sleevies here so you are in good company. :)

Last edited:
Hello and a very warm welcome
re the LSD my advise would be do your very very best to stick with it and think about your goal of changing your old life for a better brighter and slimmer future!

Good luck loulie!

Sm

Xx

Good luck, I'm thinking of a sleeve too but maybe abroad. I will follow your progress x

Hi Loulie
How was your surgery went ?
I am also having a surgery with Dr Awad in July (I have never met him yet).

I wish you all the best xxx

Hi I had my sleeve done 19th may, so three weeks in and last 2 stone, but struggling with pureed foods not sitting well, would love to hear any tips or how your getting on as only a couple of days difference

Two stone is incredible - well done you x

Back