• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 days after banding

tony69

hi all, i seem to be doing ok, can anyone give me any tips off what i really should be eaten..i had banding on the 31/7/12 at dolan park with dr super..
my band has only been filled partially 1.5mls. ive done great so far with the liquids aspect, but struggling with it now.. type ive been consuming off late.. soups..weight loss shakes. smoothies..water.. cordial..and made up stews with slushy veg ans bit meat..i feel i need more substance and can consume a good bit off liquid...any ideas and tips would be appreciated..i started 2 weeks prior to op at 23stone. which is 3 weeks ago. and now 5 days after banding im 21st 8lb.. but hungry

Hi there

Was you given a post op diet sheet to follow ??? x x

didnt do much off a pre diet as i got in earlier then expected due to cancellation. just had 1 week healthy eating.. i have got the post op sheets..keeping to em really. just need a fuller substance of food. but the weight is coming off

Tony ... If you have the booklet given to you by the hospital there is guidance in there. Or guidance on their website. Failing that call and ask for a callback from a dietician. Don't be tempted to push forward through the stages too soon as you could damage your stomach. Meat? Seems too early to me for you to be consuming anything apart from liquids thin enough to go through a straw. Let us know how you get on :)

Tony ... If you have the booklet given to you by the hospital there is guidance in there. Or guidance on their website. Failing that call and ask for a callback from a dietician. Don't be tempted to push forward through the stages too soon as you could damage your stomach. Meat? Seems too early to me for you to be consuming anything apart from liquids thin enough to go through a straw. Let us know how you get on :)
yes im keeping to liquid aspects, with everything, definately not solids..but ive consumed a thicker liquid based food, ie stew. with very small soft veg bits an meat. the only thing that seemed to give me substance..

Tony, I am on day 12 after banding and my mouth is missing the texture of food, such as tomatoes, kettle chips and meat. I have a big bag of kettle chips in the car which I nibble a few of when I go anywhere, about once a day.
My main diet is cup a soups with croutons, also managed a well soaked pot noodle, 2 eggs scrambled, yogs, carnation and jelly. Even these have to be well spaced out in the day otherwise too full and tummy pain.I went to mcdonalds with my son and only got his order, he left 1 nugget and a few chips which I ate and all was well. Hope this helps.

Tony, I am on day 12 after banding and my mouth is missing the texture of food, such as tomatoes, kettle chips and meat. I have a big bag of kettle chips in the car which I nibble a few of when I go anywhere, about once a day.
My main diet is cup a soups with croutons, also managed a well soaked pot noodle, 2 eggs scrambled, yogs, carnation and jelly. Even these have to be well spaced out in the day otherwise too full and tummy pain.I went to mcdonalds with my son and only got his order, he left 1 nugget and a few chips which I ate and all was well. Hope this helps.
many thanks for that, defo bear it in mind, as up to a week stage now.ive had no probs, just needing a more fuller thicker item to consume,im contemplating really soft veg in a stew. and a homemade pea n ham soup. all mushed up

Bunnyboiler, Please don't take this the wrong way BUT try to stick with your providers guidance. For most banders it's only two weeks liquid then two weeks purée and two weeks soft food before normal food. If you are finding it difficult now, are you going to be able to make the best of your tool, eating healthy band friendly food once the time is right ... I would hate for you to be disappointed later down the line ... :confused:

Couldn't agree more Michelle, I know it's only one chip and one nuggett BUT it's those leftovers that helped to get us to where we all were pre op! Grit and determination is needed no matter how tough it gets, have power to say no! a) it's too soon as per medical advice and b) it's a bad habit you want rid of...you can do it girl...come on :)

im up to day 9 off liquid diet, and im doing ok.. resisting well.. but im having a thicker liquid intake now..needing some substance and back at work.
ive found weetabix to be my best friend while in liquid stage, very thin..also smoothies. and replacement shakes are ok..and homemade soups with a thicker content

Tony. Baxter do a good (if pricey) Cullen Skink soup (smoked haddock, potatoes). It is quite creamy, reasonable on calories but very high on protein. You will need to blitz in in food processor but once blitzed it is a good creamy consistency. It is satisfying and keeps you feeling fuller and happy for longer! Hope this is helpful.

"

its good to hear that your plouging along nicely :)

Back