• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi ?! New from Kent

Hi tori, thank you seems to be so far away but I am making the right steps my family seem to want to be there for me coming to the appointment with me but I've told them no I want to do this by myself, for me ? I hope you will keep me updated on your progress ?.
What is the milk diet like do they make you do this ??
Emma

Hello dallem not sure if that's spelt correctly.

Hi Dellam, good to hear from you, I look forward to following your progress, I'm hoping for a bypass as I feel it would be the best option for me!
Hi Emma, I think they make you do the milk diet for a while to see how committed you are, because you have to do it again I think 2 weeks before the op! It's drinking milk, taking vitamins and a salty stock cube drink only for the duration they say, from what I understand from talking to others its a quick weight loss during this time and before the op its to shrink the liver as it lies in front of the stomach and needs to be as small as poss to get it out of the way for the op!
I will most definitely keep updating my story as and when I get new info and appointments, it's lovely to chat to you guys :-* xx

Hello as you've completed their three what did you have to do I'm so worried my first appointment is in July at Luton and Dunstable can't help thinking it's just going to be docs looking down on me as I've had most of my life telling me 'yeah I've heard all the excuses', I'd appreciate help ?

Hi Foxy789
I also have my first appointment at Luton and Dunstable on 10 July. What date is your appointment?

Mine is on the 9th @11.30 received a letter about fasting from 10pm blah blah, so yours is the next day are you looking forward to it or like me a nervous wreck x

I've just read your message to Tory you've already completed your tier three to?? I'm only just starting on tier 3 ? x

I've just read your message to Tory you've already completed your tier three to?? I'm only just starting on tier 3 ? x
Hi Foxy 789 Yes I have completed the Tier 3 program. I managed to loose 10% of my body weight. But as usual without the support have slipped back and put weight on. I know this is not good and I am trying to get back on track, but for some reason it is harder. I am terrified of having the operation and wonder if it my way of subconsciously sabotaging my chances.

Last edited:
Hi bellas mum,
I think it's normal to feel scared and I can only just hope I get considered for surgery although I feel like this is a really long way off. I think the doctors will take into account the worry, have you put much back on other people seem to say it doesn't seem to matter too much if you put a bit back in but I'm not really sure about it I'm sure you will be fine I've watched so many programmes on you tube there's a show called fat doc it's it's really good horrible name but I found it informative.

Emma x

Hi foxy I am currently doing tier 3 at l n d atm and I can say they do make u do the milk diet or a 1500 calorie diet :) I was referred to l n d in feb this year so im only like 4 months into my 12 month programme :-D I see the dietician next week :) I look forward to reading your journey xx

Hi natnat

Awww thank you what are they like there I'm so nervous do they make you do it straight away ?? How has the last 4 months been ?? What is it you would like to get at the end of it. Sorry lots of questions lol ?.

Emma x

lol its alright im exactly the same with questions lol the staff there are lovely made me feel very welcome and at ease at my first appointment i had the fasting blood test done and was given a food n activity diary to write in all the activities i do and food and drink i eat and on the 2nd visit i was put on the 1500 calorie diet and given a fresh food n activity diary to write in so i can say they do put you on a diet pretty much straight away and i have found the last 4 months ok i am slowly loosing weight so its doing something right lol and at the end of it i hope to get the yes for surgery as i am a brittle asthmatic and the 11 stone extra im carrying around dont help im doing it so it makes my condition a little more manageable and so i can be a bit healthier for myself and my children :D xx

Awwwwww thank you natnat I was worried they were going to be as judgmental as most of the doctors I've encountered over the years ? sounds a lot like I have already done but I'll do it for them again lol. I know I can loose weight not as easily now have rumertoid and osteo arthritis depression and so not able to excersize very much due to pain and extremely tiredness driving me mad lol. We will see how we go, I hope eventually to have surgery and be able to set a better example for my daughter too xx ? so glad to be able to talk to people that understand xx

yea its lovely to be able to talk to people that understand and are going through and have been through the long journey and i thought they were going to be judgemental aswell they are very understanding about conditions and what not you will be fine dont worry :) xx

Hi ladies!
Thanks for the welcome, it's interesting to hear other people's experience of tier 3, we were never given a lot of guidance with regard to losing weight or any targets to aim for, also we never had any tests done!
I'm awaiting my letter from the hospital after being referred to l&d last Friday! Will update my story as I hear more! Xx

Hi tori I'm sure you will hear from them soon took about three weeks for my letters to come through so not too much longer xx

Hi tori
Welcome and good luck
Do you mind me asking what went wrong with your band I have one and have been having problems just had it repositioned would have preferred revision surgery but couldn't get funding for that xx

Hi monalisa,
I had the tube from the port crack after 2 years and then after 3 it slipped and I was really poorly, I couldn't keep anything down and was really weak. I went private for mine and fortunately the first time I had problems my doctor also worked nhs, so I went to the hospital he worked at via a&e and he sorted it for me, the next time I had probs, he didn't want to know and I ended up being an emergency again and being transferred to another hospital to have the band taken out. Because I was out of my 2 year aftercare no one at the private hosp wanted to know and I couldn't afford to extend it, also because I went private, none of the nhs docs were particularly happy to sort me out, but had to in the end because things had got too bad. I completely regret having it done, it was no good for my needs and I should have had a bypass to begin with!
I hope I haven't scared you off, I had a horrible time with mine!
Xx

Hi Foxy789 I am apprehensive about my appointment too. I have put on some weight since finishing the Tier 3 but I am back on track now, so hope I can loose it. I wasn't told to fast before hand. I will phone and find out if I need to. Shame our appointment is not on the same day. Have you completed your Tier 3?

Last edited:
Back