• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, new from Tyne and Wear x

Lily jo

Hi everyone, I'm Jo and a single mother and proud nana :family2:
My journey started in November 2012 when I attended the seminar at SRH. At the time I was nursing my mam who had terminal cancer and also fostering my grandson so it took me a while to sort my personal life out and make the decision to go ahead with surgery.
My mam died in January 2013 and she was dead against me getting the bypass. Problem was, my mam struggled with her weight and the only time she was a healthy weight was just before she died! After a lot of soul searching I decided it was the best thing I could do for me and my family.
I reached my target weight in June of this year and had my endoscopy yesterday so I'm listed now -eeekkk!!
So pleased I've found this page and hoping to get lots of insight and advice before the big day.
Jo :)

Hi Jo!

Welcome to the board!

Looking forward to following your journey!

Which hospital are you going to? And have you got a date yet? :)

Hello jo!
Welcome to a great place have a wander around the site lots to read . I look forward to your next post .

Hi Birdie

I'm going to Sunderland Royal. Can't wait now!! Where are u in your journey? X

Welcome Jo, you have had a really tough time. Very sorry for the loss of your mam. My heart goes out to you.

WLS is a personal decision and congrats on your life changing decision. It is a great tool. Sunderland Royal Hospital is fantastic. I had my gastric bypass there May 2013 and never regretted it.
You are on the road to a new you. It is tough and challenging but this website of lovely people have helped me no end and I am sure you will find the same. My top tip is take a photo of yourself now in clothes that you will try on each time and take another photo as you shrink. I wish I had done that. My friend did and I found her photo diary an inspiration. Wish I had done the same.
Hugs
K x

Hi Joe
Welcome to the Site, you will find some great advice on here and love'ly people who really help.

Hi Jo!

That's great news! I'm almost at the point of getting my MDT assessment - just waiting for the appointment to come through! Feels like ages though - but I know when I look again I'll have done it and it will have gone by super fast! :-D

Wow Kate you look amazing now!! Well done, you're definitely an inspiration- I know I've made the right choice now :)
Jo
X

Hi lily jo
Congrats on getting to your pre-op target. It bodes well for the next stage. Look forward to hearing more of.your successes. :)

Hi and well done on making the decision and meeting your target so far.
I'm also at SRH, waiting for endoscopy appointment.
Good luck with the rest of the journey and continued weight loss x

Hi Jo,

Hopefully they wont keep you waiting much longer :)

I am also at Sunderland but just referred by GP last week. Got a letter on Fridya from the Hospital informing me that there were no appointments available :cry:. Any idea how long I am likely to wait? xx

Back