• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi new here, Gatric Band Op on monday eek!

emmarfrost

Can someone please tell me it's going to be ok and the best thing i've ever done????
I feel so paranoid it's not going to work for me :(:wave_cry:
Emma x

This is just pre-op nerves, we have all been through it.

As long as YOU know you want this, then it is the right decision. If you work with it, eat well, drink plenty of fluids and excercise you will do well.

You will be ok ;)

i second what caz says, if you have researched this and its right for your eating habbits then you will be fine x

I've spent six months going through the options,and am 110% sure this is what I want, cant help being nervous though lol, I also feel sooo excited and optimistic about the future.So a bit of both really as Ive spent over 10 years trying one fad diet after another and always failing, to think this could work for me is almost too good to be true if you know what I mean.Thanks ladies xxx

Hi Emma

try to stay calm...I'm having mine done on Monday too so should see you there (Dolan Park).:gen126:

I'm not afraid of having the surgery and feel really calm/with little flutters of butterflies now and again, but still can't believe that this thing is going to make me feel full and reign in my eating....I just can't imagine how it's going to feel...like you I've struggled for years, but this is the next step and in the right direction....it can only do us good :)

How's the pre op diet going? I'm doing the milk and yoghurt one.....could eat a scabby horse this morning and felt all fuzzy in the head yesterday :(

Yvonne xx

good luck for your op you also red, all i can say is it is the best thing iv ever done and i have never had a second of regret just think positive you can do it xx

Hi ladies, I'm just here sat drinking an all milk skimmed coffee, mmmmm :p Thanks for your responses, glad to hear there will be someone else there on monday from here, thats really reassuring, which package are you going for Yvonne????? xxxxx

thats good to hear Serenity...I think my only worry is the thought of feeling starving once the initial first few weeks have past, but before the first fill.

looks like you're having great results with it though :)

Red xx

I worry about the same things too Red, I think it's only natural for us to worry though.I wish it was monday already!!!!!!!!!!xxx

Hi Emma

I've gone for the full package with the years aftercare and fills included. In that I will also be using their pick up/drop off service, so will be collected from home at some ungodly hour of Monday morning :eek: in a rather swish looking car (bet that gets the neighbours twitching their blinds :D)
It means that my Husband can stay at home with teenage Son, so I'll be there on my own...what about you?

Yvonne x

Hehe im leaving nippers @ home with the hubby too, lol.Im having the £5450 package and aftercare with WLS (I think) can't stop debating whether I should just go all in with THG.Gargh!!!!! xxxx:confused:

well for me it was just easier to have it all sorted with 1 company...never realised until after I'd booked that you could have surgery done by one and fills done by another :rolleyes:

I also initially thought that because my consultation was at Newcastle, that the surgery was going to be done more locally...:d'oh: ...what a nugget!

As I'm sorted for the transport side of things, hopefully Hubby won't stress too much when it comes to the day of the surgery...he can't get time off until next Thursday anyway with it being bank holiday but our Son (he's 16 ) will be here to sort me out when I return :)

we will be fine...have no worries xxx

Hubby is having a couple of days off to give me post op care, lol, so he calls it. Kids are 7, 6 and 1 so don't think i'm going to get much r&r but will be doing my utmost to take it easy xx

good luck to both of you, even though im early days post op i am so glad i went through with it, you will both be fine. xx

good luck to both of you. I can't comment because i'm waiting but I am sure as long as you follow surgeons advice you will be just fine and loose the weight you want. very, very good luck

i'm waiting to hear back from pct on funding...all indications are good, I know others in Bath that have been successful and my gp says it should be ok. Don't want to count my chickens but i'm very positive.

Back