• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very Nervous Op on monday!!

janehastings

Hi all feeling very nervous at the moment, leaving for belgium in the morning for my band fitting on monday. Got so many emotions going through my head right now including should i have it done at all?. I know in my heart of hearts its the right thing to do as my hypertension is so bad and causing other medical problems. Guess im writing this thinking this is the last day of my life, but in reality its just the begining. Guess im starting to waffle on a bit now just trying to get it all out. :wave_cry:

janehastings said:
Hi all feeling very nervous at the moment, leaving for belgium in the morning for my band fitting on monday. Got so many emotions going through my head right now including should i have it done at all?. I know in my heart of hearts its the right thing to do as my hypertension is so bad and causing other medical problems. Guess im writing this thinking this is the last day of my life, but in reality its just the begining. Guess im starting to waffle on a bit now just trying to get it all out. :wave_cry:

Hi Jane

I felt exactly the same as you the night before my operation.
All I can say is having surgery has changed my life for the better and I don't regret it for one minute! Best thing I ever did! :)
Good luck with your journey xx

Good luck on Monday xxx

What your experiencing is quite normal,dont think I have known anyone not to feel worried, anxious, nervous etc, I was like that but on the day it all went, prob the relief of knowing I was gonna have my life changed. Wishing you all the best and look forward to your return xxx Julie xx

good luck i hope all goes well x

Hey Missy I'm just back from Brussels last night and everything was fine. Of course your nervous I was absolutely crapping myself to the point that when I was lying on the operating table looking up into those lights I thought "you know I could just stop this nonsense now just one word and that would be it." before I knew it I was being taken to the land of nod and woke up with a very dry mouth, a bit groggy but no pain and back to the ward where I slept for another 3 hours. I met 2 lovely sisters on my ward and we had a bit of a giggle about all things toilet related and laughed about our bots hanging out of our gowns and I had a wee cry as per usual, we used the bed pans together and listened to each other farting. We bonded. I'm so glad I did this. Food at this stage isn't a problem. I'm not snatching chips of anybody's plate or sneaking left over pizza from tea. I have no inclination to do so, this was one of the things I was worried about - just how do you resist. But I've had no problem. Don't be worried about asking about anything that pops into your head. There is never a stupid question and I will answer you as truthfully and honestly as I can. :) xxx

I think its all been said, your feelings are very normal but none the less they are very real and its horrible at the moment. You will be fine and this is the beginning of a new you. Good Luck and wishing you a speedy recovery x

Wishing you all the best Jane. I totally know where you're coming from. I kept saying to the nurses " This seemed like a good idea a few months ago! Now I'm not so sure" and they all said that everyone says that. I also started bubbling as I hoisted myself up onto the operation table but they were all very very good at reassuring you and making sure that your dignity was intact before you went under! One of the operating nurses had a very nifty technique of removing your gown whilst placing a blanket over you...very neat! and I kept my knickers on which got covered in betadine antiseptic so wear old knickers cos they get wasted. Nurses kept holding my hand which under normal circumstances I would have found a bit odd but I was really grateful for the reassurance.
Remember, it is a big experience but so worth ti in the end. You only have to read everyones success stories on here to see it and one day it'll be you that says Hey! I've lose 10 stones!!!
Just keep telling yourself that you've made the decision for surgery for very valid practical reasons and make yourself realise this every time you start worrying. It'll have such a huge positive effect on your life for evermore.
I'll be thinking of you. Take care

Hi Thanks for all your kind wishes, got back to the uk fine but had terrible trapped wind for a week, feeling much better now and have had the stitches removed so feeling more comfortable, had a call from the provider yesterday and i think i stunned them at how much fluid im taking on board feeling very hungry though!! Did anyone else consume massive amounts of liquids??

I don't think I'm taking enough fluid but I just can't seem to get anymore into me. Maybe it's just head hunger. Apparently you have to recognize where your hunger is coming from now - it's a feeling below your breast bone not low down in your tummy. That's just digestion and water works rumbling about like an old heating system lol. Low fat custard or rice in those wee pots are good for satiety. Keep well xxx

Yep- I drank a lot although had one upsetting day when it wouldn't go down!
I'm at 14days post-op and its only since yesterday that I've felt hungry. I reckon I've got quite good restriction then. I've got my 1st appt since op with my nurse today. Looking forward to her telling me to start pureed food..yay.!
Its funny how all the providers have different guidelines re: post-op diets. isn't it.

Back