• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi new here, Gatric Band Op on monday eek!

hehe Emma, you'll be fine, you ought to spend time between now and then doing fun stuff to take your mind off it. Get some mates round for wine! Make lots of soup and freeze it down for post op so you dont have to do it when your feeling yucky

Ooooh I do like a bit of constructive advice, cheers hun

well i think thats what i'm gonna do, make soup and freeze it down. last thing you wanna do after surgery i would of thought xx

Emma & Red - will be right along with you both - my surgery is on Sunday morning! Our journey begins - happy that you'll both be going through the same thing at the same time! Keep me posted!!

Thanks Jo- If I do half as well as you and the other ladies on here I will be more than happy.Get some pics up Missy, I wanna see this miraculous skinny i'm chatting to lol :D

Red and KellyMc- can't believe only a few days to go, so glad there will be others there.We'll have to hold signs up so we all know who everyone is ;) :p
xxxxx

I cant wait for my WLS ^_^ on the 22nd June. I had my first consult on 18th May and got the ball rolling (yes im a private sellout). Do you think it would be worth following the milk and yog diet (due to start on Thurs 11th june for 10 days) for more than 10 days in total just to ensure my liver is in optimum condition for the surgery...any thoughts?!
Good luck everyone and be sure to let us all know how you get on!

I dont know hun, Im very new to this myself, and am already bored stiff of the milk and yoghurt diet rofl! Think I have forgotten what real food tastes like lool.What made you decide to go for it?? x

Do you mean what made me go for the surgical option? Well, long story short, ive been overweight for as long as I can remember and I have a horrible relationship with food in general - i never know when to stop. So..surgery has become a last resort! I just cant wait for my new life to begin!
Are you finding the milk diet really hard? Have you been tempted to cheat?! Ive made my mum promise to shout at me if I even consider cheating!

Bex, Ive actually found it fine- as finally I have a light at the end of the tunnel to help me get me out of my weight and food black hole i have been in for over 10 years, also it helps with the operation so makes sense to follow it- I feel motivated to follow it well,especially as it cost me so bloody much ;) plus hubby would roast me on an open fire teehee.
How did you get your ticker to work, mine keeps saying invalid url or invalid file xxx

good luck red and emma will be thinking of you both on monday. i had my op there and everyone was really great couldnt find any faults at all, i flew back to belfast next morning at 9 am and felt ok apart from shoulder pain in fact the shoulder pain was the only niggly pain i had from the surgery. Julie x

Thanks soo much ladies, its really good to have a place where people are happy for each other and are wishing each the best, but most importantly understand how we all feel.

Feel like ive been here forever rather than a few days

xxxx

thank you everyone for the good wishes :)

Kelly...hopefully you will still be there for a quick hello on Monday.:cross:

Baby Jayne...hope it goes well and you're not worrying too much...take care & let us know how you're doing:fingerscrossed:

Bex...the milk & yog diet isn't too bad, I was told that I only needed to lose 8lb pre op, and I know it's only for a couple more days...I was however talking with a mini earlier this week though who said their PCT expected them to do this diet for 6 weeks before their op :eek:

Emma...how you feeling? I'm still waiting to hear from Hospital Group regarding my travel arrangements, so will give them till lunchtime today and then ring again as I'm working all day tomorrow and have a busy day on Sunday...wish it was here, I'm soooo impatient :rolleyes:

Back