• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi new to this side

slim2012

My doc has recently recommended I have some form of wls and to be honest I'm terrified of the idea.I've been overweight all my life-I have successfully lost on a vlcd before but gained it all back when pregnant and now can't afford to do it again.My BMI is a whopping 53.2 and I just want my life back :(

hi slim and welcome to the forum :) I haven't had wls yet but have found thus site invaluable for the advice and support offered x

I decided 11 weeks ago that surgery was my only answer- I can lose but not maintain the loss. Pleased with my pre-surgery loss can't wait to have the surgery next week and continue my journey to ' being normal'. Good Luck !

Welcome

I too have been a very successful dieter in the past inc lighter life and Cambridge. Unfortunately double has gone back on each time.
After a couple of delays due to a manky gallbladder I'm getting my bypass on 10th June and have found this site really helpful.
Good luck to you x

Welcome to the forum slim2012 :welcome:

I lost a lot of weight on Lighter Life too, it seems like a lot of us on here have. However, a lot of the time - as with me the weight piles back on :(

The forum is great for advice, there are lots of experienced wls'ers on here who are happy to answer questions you have. :) x

Hi slim I lost nealy 6 stones on lighterlife x2 and guess what I put all back on. Don't I had surgery onlt 2 weeks ago and last week discovered this site. Good luck babypearl

My surgeon detests lighterlife, I think most if us have been there. I thought it was wonderful at the time but truly believe that it contributed to my weight gain in the end.

Back