• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi newbie ... Band booked for 16th August

becky3008

Hi my names Becky I'm 42 struggled with my weight for nearly 20yrs tried all diets most successful was Cambridge diet where I lost 4 stone but put it all back on within 12 months so I have realised I need help to control how much I eat so have taken the decision to have a band fitted. I'm very nervous but excited at same time x ☺️

Hello becky3008
welcome to our group!

Think i've said hello elsewhere lol anyway welcome to a fab friendly site hunni all the best x x x any questions just ask away x x x

Welcome hope your recovering after surgery ok.

How are you getting on Becky? I hope everything went well, I'd love to hear about your experience :)

Hi grumbletumble I am doing great thanks was a bit sore for about 3 days is struggled to take the 3 protein shakes a day as couldn't stomach them so lived on a cup a soup @ 1pm @ 6.30pm & a yoghurt @ 11am plus my tea / coffee sugar free squash I haven't actually felt that hungry & to begin with couldn't finish a cup a soup but I'm now 13 days post op I feel great I get a bit sore when I pick up my 15 mth son a bit quick starting mashed up foods tomorrow ?...... So far with the pre op diet till now I have lost 11 kilos ???..... What are you having done xx

Hi grumbletumble I am doing great thanks was a bit sore for about 3 days is struggled to take the 3 protein shakes a day as couldn't stomach them so lived on a cup a soup @ 1pm @ 6.30pm & a yoghurt @ 11am plus my tea / coffee sugar free squash I haven't actually felt that hungry & to begin with couldn't finish a cup a soup but I'm now 13 days post op I feel great I get a bit sore when I pick up my 15 mth son a bit quick starting mashed up foods tomorrow ?...... So far with the pre op diet till now I have lost 11 kilos ???..... What are you having done xx

How long did you leave it until you starting picking up your son? I have a nearly 4 year old who still clambers all over me, she's going to be quite put out that she can't do that for a while!
I had to google what 11kg was :D That's brilliant!!! Well done, I bet you're chuffed to bits? Did you have mashed food?

How long did you leave it until you starting picking up your son? I have a nearly 4 year old who still clambers all over me, she's going to be quite put out that she can't do that for a while! I had to google what 11kg was :D That's brilliant!!! Well done, I bet you're chuffed to bits? Did you have mashed food?

Hi grumbletumble I left it 6 days untill actually picking him up it's so hard he is only 17mths old so couldn't understand I know they say no lifting for 6 weeks luckily for me I felt great after 5 days so just took it easy lifting only when necessary xx

Hi grumbletumble I left it 6 days untill actually picking him up it's so hard he is only 17mths old so couldn't understand I know they say no lifting for 6 weeks luckily for me I felt great after 5 days so just took it easy lifting only when necessary xx

Yeah, that must have been hard for both of you, they always want picking up at that age, how are you doing weight loss wise now? It's good to know you were feeling great after 5 days, how are you strength wise, are you feel a bit weak & wibbly?

Yeah, that must have been hard for both of you, they always want picking up at that age, how are you doing weight loss wise now? It's good to know you were feeling great after 5 days, how are you strength wise, are you feel a bit weak & wibbly?

Hi I feel like my normal self can't believe I had surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago but I was like that after my sections weight wise I have stayed the same for 10 days as on mashed up food they do expect you to put weight back on as soon as you start on mash u till you have your first fill but I have been watching my portion control & trying to stick to high protein foods xx

Hi I feel like my normal self can't believe I had surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago but I was like that after my sections weight wise I have stayed the same for 10 days as on mashed up food they do expect you to put weight back on as soon as you start on mash u till you have your first fill but I have been watching my portion control & trying to stick to high protein foods xx

Sounds like you're doing brilliantly, well done! When do you get your first fill?

Back