• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just popping to say Hello Zoe and hope everything is going allright xx

Welcome to Minis Zoe & congratulations on getting your date.

Hi all,
i went to the Hospital yesterday and i am due to go and see Mr Ackroyd on Monday the 17th August to discuss having the Gastric Band and hopefully get my date to have it fitted! I'm so excited but so nervous at the same time - i've only read one story on the Internet of a woman dying (Thats my only fear!!) i just wanted some stories on what to expect really if theres any advice you can all share i would be really gratefull!

Thanks xxx

We all fear dying hun, but for me I fear the future more...I fear feeling any more awful than I do now.

There are so many inspirations here at Mini's...both banders and bypassers...You ask and they will answer best they can...

You'll get loads of support.

(((Hugs)))

hi all!
just to update you, i went to see Dr Ackroyd yesterday (17/07/09) and made the date to have my gastric band on the 2nd September!! start the milk and yoghurt diet on the 23rd August!
The countdown begins................................................!!

I was at the Thornbury on the 17th too, seeing the dietician and booking another fill. I probably walked past you :D

I was at the Thornbury on the 17th too, seeing the dietician and booking another fill. I probably walked past you :D

I was so excited that day i walked past my husband!! Did you have your band done by Mr Ackroyd??

I start the Milk and Yoghurt diet on Sunday i'm excited but i think i'll be ready to eat the wardrobes by Tuesday!!

Just wondering how everyone else got on with the milk and yoghurt diet...i heard some people lose about a stone in the 10 days!!?

Also how soon after the surgery are people able to drive/exercise?

Sorry for all the questions i'm just so excited.....

11 days tomorrow!:p

I've had a bypass so not sure if same rules apply but i was told to stay off driving for 2 weeks and also i did a low fat pre op diet but i'm sure someone will be along very shortly with the answers for you but i think you are right about eating the wardrobes lol good luck xx

Hello Zoe. I'm a bypasser but just wanted to say hello and let you know that there are loads of success stories on here that should put your mind at rest.

xx

I had my band fitted on 10th Aug & i swear it's best thing i've ever done (not even had 1st fill yet)As for driving i started atfer a week, Pre op diet is easy if in the right frame of mind so good luck my love

I had my band fitted on 10th Aug & i swear it's best thing i've ever done (not even had 1st fill yet)As for driving i started atfer a week, Pre op diet is easy if in the right frame of mind so good luck my love

so your 11 days in.....hows it going? how did your operation go?? what was the whole process?

i'm so excited for this.

My Husband doesn't drive so as soon as i can drive the better or i'll start going stir crazy!!:7600:

Back