• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried Newbie considering band or sleeve

Kriss8

Hi all

Ive just stumbled across the fabulous site after googling about WLS. I went for a free consultation on Wednesday with a view to having a band fitted. The consultant then threw a curve ball into the mix and told me about a sleeve gastrectomy I'm so worried about having either tbh, but I'm 48 and have struggled with my weight since my mid twenties I have tried numerous diets and whilst I succeed in the short term I never keep the weight off and just get bigger I'm almost 19st now with a BMI of 46.1 Im at my wits end now and seriously considering this but need help deciding band or sleeve. I would greatly appreciate your comments. Thanks xx

hi there only you can decide i would say research both and pick what you feel most comfortable with no one can make the choice for you sadly as what is right for one person may not be right for the next but im sure the banders and sleevers can tell you the pros and cons of each good luck with what you decide

Back