• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi :(

salski

Hiya all - just wanted to say hello and sorry for not being around much! I have been bust with wedding prep - been signed off work and banned from driving by my GP for at least 6 weeks whilst I await a diagnosis and generally been feeling sorry for myself!
Ive no idea whats wrong with me, but all sorts have been mentioned. Ive not weighed myself in at least 2 months so Ive no idea if I have lost anything or gained. I have been eating sh!te and feel like a nutter! I dont feel like I can offer any advice for people - my food choices have been rubbish and Im sorry to rant but I feel like I cant be honest with anyone.
I created a Manchester Bariatrics page on facebook and have been keeping that updated with general stuff but feel naughty offering adivce and help to people when I am eating rubbish...strange things is - if Im honest I feel so poo about what Ive been eating but then dont want to change it as Im lazy and rubbish!
Anywho - sorry for not being around.
Sally x

Poor Sally-I'm gobsmacked to hear all this(& its not often I'm speechless!)

You looked so well when I saw you tonight - positively blooming and so skinny plus your hair looking so shiney & long ready for your wedding (just goes to show looks can be deceiving)

Wish you'd said - you could of had an extra cuddle-you'll just have to wait till Saturday now-see you thenxxx

Ps gonna get Poppets puppy working on that facebook account!

oh Sal ya just stressed with the wedding coming up and old habbits are trying to creep back in as a coping mechanism, stay strong my friend you have come so far and many are proud of you here as your such a insperation, you will get back on track soon, i know u will, big huggs from Liz xxxx

Oh Sal really sorry to hear your not feeling great your one of the bubbly characters on here so its horrible to hear your not happy, i agree with Liz it's probably all the pre wedding stress thats making you feel like this, try and stay positive and i'm sure your come through this.
P.s if last nights result didnt put a smile on your face i dont know what will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Sal, sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Not sure if i can say anything to make you feel better but do think Liz is right about the pre-wedding stress - maybe things will settle down after and you can concentrate on just YOU and your new hubby again. What you described is exactly how i am now as a pre-opper.

I know it's hard but thanks for being honest, just shows it's not all a bed of roses and there will be up and down days/weeks.

Really hope you're feeling better soon x

Hi Sal

Weddings are very stressful things hun, Im sorry things are getting you down. I hope once you settle into married bliss you can start to feel better and get back to some good eating habbits.

Oh and your not lazy or rubbish, just a bit stressed:hug99: x

Thank you. I just think for the 1st time since I had my op - its not my top priority. I dont feel like Ive put weight on, but I feel I will have potentially lost a very small amount. Who knows?!
Thank you for your kind words.
Sally x

Darling girl, I got married just over 18 months ago and had two years to plan the wedding. In the month prior to the wedding I went totally cuckoo! I'd lost a lot of weight, but with all the stress (and dare I say alcohol from hen nights etc) I put on almost half a stone and was worried that I wouldn't fit into my dress etc. I was so concerned that people would see me as a bridezilla that I kept it all to myself and not one person (including hubby) knew how pent-up I was. Well, on the day one or two tiny things went wrong, but do you know what - none of it mattered! I had the best day of my life, was calm as could be and just loved it all.

Weddings become top priority but after the wedding (and the hot and steamy honeymoon!) things can get back to normal and it will be nice to have a new 'project' to work on. Make the project you!!

Try not to stress too much. You are going to make the most gorgeous bride and your husband will fall in love with you all over again.

Big loves xx

oh sally like poppett said you looked positivly blooming last night and regardless of if youve lost weight or not you have lost lots of size you look fab.

but thats no concilation if yr feeling like poop but like the others have said its probably prewedding stress and that could also be the cause of yr medical problems.

take care hun see you on sat.

Sal, both Amy and I thought you looked great last night :) Sorry to hear your having a bit of a tough time but you have sooooo much dancing to look forward to in a few weeks, im sure everything will come good.

Keep smiling hun and good luck to both yourself and Darren xxx

Sally I am afraid I don't know you personally but from what I have read in your postings I have come to admire you very much. I don't care what size you are or what you look like, lol that's just my way I am afraid. From what I have read of your words on this site and on another I have been greatly impressed by your character. I believe you to be kind, honest and compassionate and I value that more than the size of your waist! I wouldn't worry too much about your weight at this time just do what you can to be healthy. Any small change can make a big difference over time.

I wish you well and I hope that whatever ails you is remedied speedily. Enjoy your wedding and don't fret too much about it. Its only one day in a marriage that i hope lasts happily for years and years and years!!

I wish you much joy and happiness treat yourself kindly. Very best wishes.

Good morning everyone! Thank you so very much for you very kind responses and words.
I feel much more positive with my head at the mo - I only seem to post when Im low and ratty and I think once I turned my back on coming on here my feeling of despair seemed to get worse! What I have learnt is to keep posting and keep giving and taking excellent advice from people.
I still find my friends that are pre-op and post op asking advice from me - and that must be for a reason - so maybe I was just having (another) downer and Im not wicked or rubbish or poo - maybe Im doing OK and just having a rubbish or poo time!
Not now though...this wedding is stressing me out - but in all honesty - theres nothing to do...other than getting my dress sorted which it will be done this week - everything is going swimmingly! Therefore I should stop being stressed and get ready to look forward to it!
As for food - although I do make unwise food choices...so long as every choice I make isnt unwise I wont go far wrong! Yesterday I ate bacon and toms for breakfast, stew for dinner, steak and veg for tea...2 squares of choc fr after and a toasted teacake for supper - not great but not so depressingly bad either?!
In effect Im telling myself to shut up and keep going and smiling! :D
Thank you all fo your lovely responses and replied...its absolutely lovely!
TY TY TY XXX :553: :love047:

Great to hear you are feeling better, Id be more suprised if you werent stressed with the wedding lol. Good to see you back x

Sal
Ive been away for a week an just catching up. Nought like a wedding to stress anyone out big time. You look fantastic now and will look stunning on your big day! Don't beat yourself up you are going madly off the rails and have enough to busy yourself with just now! All will be fine you have my number call me anytime! Big hugs xx

sorry to hear you've been feeling poop Sal:( and hope they get to the bottom of it soon;)
Make sure the weeding arrangements don't get you too down, then you can relax and have a fab day :D

Back