• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

darrin

I'm having a band fitted on Sunday & can't wait. I'm a 45 year old man & have struggled all my life with weight. I'm 5ft 7 15 stones & it's been a battle to keep it this low as I've been much bigger & on occasion smaller. Any tips about what to take do etc.. & how I'm gonna cope with 2 Xmas parties (mine & my partners) would be appreciated as they 3 & 4 weeks after the surgery? They are both sit down meals. I've been reading lots of stuff on here & you're all so inspiring. Looking forward to chatting soon :)

I'm having a band fitted on Sunday & can't wait. I'm a 45 year old man & have struggled all my life with weight. I'm 5ft 7 15 stones & it's been a battle to keep it this low as I've been much bigger & on occasion smaller. Any tips about what to take do etc.. & how I'm gonna cope with 2 Xmas parties (mine & my partners) would be appreciated as they 3 & 4 weeks after the surgery? They are both sit down meals. I've been reading lots of stuff on here & you're all so inspiring. Looking forward to chatting soon :)

Hello there and welcome soon to a be a bandit :D

As you will only be 3/4 weeks out and sit down meal I would suggest soup - (not sure wot your provider's post op diet would consist of) but at that stage I was on very mushy food thats why I suggested soup because it be easy on the pouch and you be able to manage it ( not sure if you have told your buddies that your having wls - Wishing you all the best BD xx

Good Luck.

I was on mush for weeks 3 and 4. You could have soup or maybe if it's a dinner mash the veg with gravy x x

Who is doing your surgery?

Wobbly71 said:
Good Luck.

I was on mush for weeks 3 and 4. You could have soup or maybe if it's a dinner mash the veg with gravy x x

Who is doing your surgery?

Thanks for the advice I'm gonna call and change my choices to soup & the fish (it's with mash & a sauce). My surgeon is Mr sigurdeson. Day after tomorrow & getting nervous now. X

Hi Darrin just wanted to say welcome the nerves are normal reading the posts on here so dont worry yourself too much. Good luck. x

Big day tomorrow! Hopefully followed by many much smaller ones. Think I've read too many threads & worried it nay not work. Still there has been enough good stuff to spur me on. I'm back at work (nursing) next Friday oonly 5 days following the surgery so all being well after tomorrow I'd like the top tips to recovering. On a different note I'm so hungry today I've had some ham and weight watchers yoghurt but so want a big steak. I've got the 100% boxers toiletries pyjamas & a dressing gown & my phone, anything else I need?

Big day tomorrow! Hopefully followed by many much smaller ones. Think I've read too many threads & worried it nay not work. Still there has been enough good stuff to spur me on. I'm back at work (nursing) next Friday oonly 5 days following the surgery so all being well after tomorrow I'd like the top tips to recovering. On a different note I'm so hungry today I've had some ham and weight watchers yoghurt but so want a big steak. I've got the 100% boxers toiletries pyjamas & a dressing gown & my phone, anything else I need?

hi
make sure your undies are cotton
get some windezze tablets for when you come home
hot water bottle if you get wind, i got heat pad and put it across my
shoulder where wind was
get some water for journey home i was very dry after op
hope that help

take care

kay x

Do your colleagues know you're having it done? Just because you need to be a bit careful with lifting, rolling patients etc, I'm a student nurse and stupidly held a patient in an awkward position for rather too long yesterday and feeling it today :(

Best of luck for tomorrow! :)

Well I resisted the steak & had a shake. I did sleep well & I'm waiting to be collected. Weighed myself & I've lost 7lb since Monday. Can't wait.

darrin said:
Well I resisted the steak & had a shake. I did sleep well & I'm waiting to be collected. Weighed myself & I've lost 7lb since Monday. Can't wait.

Good luck Darrin,hope all goes well for you.x

Hi Darrin - good luck today!! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well I've arrived. Had my bloods taken & been shown to a room. Waiting to ser surgeon & feeling strangely calm.

Well done, the wind pain will ease when u start moving about.

Take it easy at work 5 days is not long.

Also the food choices for your meal out should be fine x

Well I had a yoghurt this morning & then started to wretch like I wad vomiting & nothing came up. I was terrified that I was going to damage the band or myself. The nurse said it was ok & off home I went.
I've since had my smoothy & another yoghurt & a Cup of soup (more like gravey). I think thats it for today. I'm bloated & put on 3lb despite not eating for over 36hours. My port is sore today so I'm having a rest.

The weight gain is more likely to do with the gas they use to inflate the stomach and general bloating so please don't worry too much at this point. But definitely take it easy during these early days. I found milk and dairy made me feel even more bloated at this point so returned to clear fluids for a couple of days which helped too.

Speedy recovery wishes!

Back