• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

Sarah T

Hi All,

Im a newbie to the site - just joining prior to my op in Sunderland on 3rd June.

Ive been excited forever about his ... but now it so close i just keep reading the horror stories and am getting myself all worked up. Did anyone else have 'silly' worries before their op?

Hi there! Welcome!

Please STOP reading the horror stories, they will make you a nervous wreck! I am now 3 weeks post op and a couple of weeks pre-op I had to ban myself from horror stories! I joined this forum and started watching videos on you tube of people who were newly post op so I would know exactly what to expect and so far, everything is going to plan!

Good luck, 3 June isn't too far away now! X

Thanks Stecey83's - you are so right. I only joined this forum this morning and already am feeling much more relaxed about it all. Is everything going ok for you ?

hello you!
good luck for june wishing all that you wish for yourself

Thanks Stecey83's - you are so right. I only joined this forum this morning and already am feeling much more relaxed about it all. Is everything going ok for you ?

Hi Sarah, yep things are going well thank you, I'm finding each morning when I wake up I have a little more energy than the day before and I'm starting to feel like my old self but a much happier version. Since the op my depression and anxiety have calmed right down, I think it's knowing that I now have an amazing tool to manage my weight and for the first time ever knowing that this will work long term. It's a relief and I wish I'd done it years ago despite the fact I'm struggling with the switch from liquids to puree but hey, I'll get there and what's a week of vomiting in the greater scheme of things?!

Hi Sarah! Welcome & good luck with your journey :) time will fly by trust me... my op is tomorrow, this is the 2nd time I have had the build up & this time is different, I have no excitement or nothing just going through the motions (was a bit tearful this afternoon for no real reason) more scared they will cancel again.... you will be fine xx

Hi Sarah! Welcome & good luck with your journey :) time will fly by trust me... my op is tomorrow, this is the 2nd time I have had the build up & this time is different, I have no excitement or nothing just going through the motions (was a bit tearful this afternoon for no real reason) more scared they will cancel again.... you will be fine xx

Good luck for tomorrow. X

Hi Sarah,
I know the horror stories are out there, but read the good ones too and remember the reasons you set out on this journey. I too was very anxious and was the reason I joined the forum and this forum gave me the answers I needed and I went through with it and despite knowing it isn't going to be plain sailing I don't regret my decision far from it. Good luck for 3rd of june honey.

I think it's a normal part of the process that takes you through a whole range of emotions I think everyone worries about the op but that's just a day which will benefit you for the rest of your life, stay positive and think how your going to feel this time next year good luck you will be fine xxxxx

Good luck for your op, the team at Sunderland are great, I had my bypass there in January everything going smoothly :)

hi welcome for every 1 horror story there are 4 or 5 great news stories try not to worry just check out some of the amazing successes people on this forum have had and you will also find an amazing amount of support all one big happy family on here

Thanks everyone. Since i have started reading everyones amazing stories, im feeling much more relaxed and confident that its all going to be ok. Thanks everyone xxxx

As others have said, it would be unusual not to have some worry pre-op - same as you prob would for any general anaesthetic, but for the majority of people it is a positive life changing procedure - I'd go through it again if I had to! Very best of luck xx

Hi All, Im a newbie to the site - just joining prior to my op in Sunderland on 3rd June. Ive been excited forever about his ... but now it so close i just keep reading the horror stories and am getting myself all worked up. Did anyone else have 'silly' worries before their op?

Good luck I have stopped reading the horror stories too as I am booked in for the 23rd June!

Good luck sarah and HRR. I have already touched upon my journey with sarah in another post and your concerns are natural.

I was the same but wish i hadnt now! I never even had a paracetamol after the op. I had a little cry before I went to theatre but that was in case i didnt wake up not the actual op lol!

Always remember, your stomach has no pain receptors in it. The only thing that might hurt is your wound site........ mine didnt even hurt there! honest......

In fact i had one measly bruise for the whole experience and no pain at all lol, it was great I have been really lucky. Mr Balupuri did my op and he was great, taking all the credit for it now lol.

Sunderland patients do straight to puree for four weeks, all i can say is stick to that and you will sail through the rest.

xx

Welcome and good luck :)

Starting Pre-Op Diet tomorrow and quite excited about it if im honest. I was planning a big last favorite meal, but now its come to it i dont think im even going to do that....

Starting Pre-Op Diet tomorrow and quite excited about it if im honest. I was planning a big last favorite meal, but now its come to it i dont think im even going to do that....

I didnt either Sarah, didnt see the point... thought it might have made me worse xx

Well done and good luck x

Back