• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi!

trickyvicky

Hi everyone!

First time on the forum and everyone seemed so supportive and helpful, I just had to sign up.

I'm currently researching different providers for Gastric Banding. I've already met with THG and have an appointment next week with the Obesity Surgery Center in London.

I am nervous as I've never had any kind of surgery before but I've tried everything in the past to lose weight and it just never stays off permanently and keeps coming back.

Hi Vicky a very warm welcome hun :) your right its a brilliant site for support everyone is lovely ........... so welcome aboard :) Good luck with your research, and with the banding, lots of bandits here, heaps of advise too!! x x x

Yes, I've been reading through lots of the forums and loads of the concerns people have been talking about I've had myself.

It's also great to see so many people out there who are going through this/have been through it as most of my friends are skinny minnies so they don't really get it

welcome and goodluck

Hi vicky! If you're still researching providers I'm going with streamline surgical (after being let down by spire) and can't say enough good things about them. From the first phone call and through to my appointments, even returning calls when they say they will.
I am having my band at nuffield Guildford on 27th June. Good luck x

Decided to go with the National Obesity Center and Professor Hakim. Researched a lot about him before hand and he was just fabulous! Really knows his stuff and likes to do all the band re-adjustments/fills himself so it will be nice to have that continuous relationship.

Booked in for the 28th June at the Highgate Hospital in London. Can't decide if I'm more nervous or excited

Good luck with your journey vicky! I'm only one day ahead of you. I'm both nervous and excited! x

Evening to you
keep posting everyone is so supportive on here

wd on getting booked in :) There's a few others being banded around the same time as you, so nice you can all support each other :) wishing you all the best x x x

Welcome and good luck :)

Back