• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi

Loki

hi im Loki

im just about to start tier 3 with the weigh ahead after struggling with my weight since i was 11.

i am currently undecided on whether or not i will go through with surgery if i am offered it after i complete tier 3 as im a bit of a wuss when it comes to anything involving pain. also i truly want it to be my last resort though my doctors are saying its probably the best option now.

You need to have a good think, its a major tep and also if your heads not in it, chances are you wont have to long term success you hope for. It is a tool, you dont just wake up slim, you can still cheat your surgery and the change in life style can be very frustrating at times. It changes aspects of your life in many respects. Think hard about your choice...put it like this..if I gave you 10k to pay private would you book the operation. If the answers no then its probably not the right choice for you at this moment in time. There is no guarantee of success without work and commitment...good luck with whatever you chose. I am glad I had my sleeve but it took me a while to weigh up my options. Dont rush in to anything youre not happy with.

Hi Loki, welcome to the forum.

What op are you looking at having?

hey thanks for the advice!

not sure what op im looking at i think the least scary ones i saw were the band

Hi Loki and welcome !

I have to agree with Kar and echo what she says ..
If you are not 100% sure about any weight loss surgery then you should not have it ..
If you do not want , need and dream of this surgery , then don't have it done .

It is not a magic wand , it's not wish that you will be slim without working at it .
It is painful and sore , but for me not as painful and sore as being morbidly obese .

You , like all of us , are a food addict , bottom line . If your not ready to give that drug up then your not ready .
Weight loss surgery is a fantastic tool that some of us have had to work and save for as the NHS would not help us . You have to work with it .. Don't have it done unless you are 100% dedicated to it ..
We will be here , each and every step of the way if you decide that it is what you want . We will pick you up in down days when you think you can't go on . We will supply advice and hints , we've all been through it
. This is a fantastic support group never doubt that :)
We hope to see on the losers bench soon !
Xxxx

Hello and welcome Loki. I think the advice from Kar and Mindy is sound and hope you'll make the decision that's best for you at the right time.
Wish you all the best :)

Hi Loki, welcome to this little community. :wavey: :flowers:

I know what you're saying about being a wuss. I first went to my GP for help 4 years ago and at the time the idea of surgery was suggested to me for something to consider. So I started the process, attended a weight loss information course, took the prescribed weight loss aids... Then stopped the whole proceedings 7 months later because I was scared of going through with surgery so I resolved that I would do this on my own.

I joined slimming world --again-- and lost 2 stone, then hit a plateau that I couldn't get around no matter how hard I tried.
In that 4 years I have rejoined slimming world 4 times!! That's just craziness and stubbornness. I've calorie counted, I've juice dieted, I've soup dieted, I've raspberry ketoned... I can't do it by myself. That much is clear.

So last week I started the process again. I wish so much that I hadn't been so scared 4 years ago, think of where I'd be now? What I could be doing? Wearing? It's definitely not the easy option, it isn't without sacrifice. There will be short term pain, long term sacrifice but, if you're ready, lifelong health benefits and perhaps a much longed for lifestyle.

This is a longer reply than I had planned, sorry about that. I just really wanted to tell you that I completely, totally, fully, 100% get it. And so does every single other member of this lovely little forum.

I wish you the very best of luck in your decision and on your journey. :)

Kaye xxx

Oh and I should probably mention that despite all the diets and good intentions over the last 4 years. I'm 1.5 stone heavier than my when I started the weight loss programme way back then. Typical eh?

Hello and welcome somewhere in you a questionnaire have been asked of you or by someone to you that somehow lead you to us and this forum so I'm glad your here if only for that,the chance to put your feelings down amongst people who truly understand and can offer the best advise, none of us can walk your road but we are on ours and ate more than happy to offer support to those who ask
I wish you good luck

hi Loki

I agree If you've never had an operation, or even if you have had one, it is really scary as all operations come with some risk. You therefore do need to be certain that this route is right for you. x Jane

Hi Loki, welcome to the forum. I totally understand - I am very scared as I haven't had any operation before, but every time I wobble and think about not having the surgery, something happens that reminds me why I am doing this and reconfirms that it is the right thing for me - the alternative is to still constantly struggle, but feel like I am constantly treading water/ not getting anywhere for all my struggles and the effort put in.

The worst part is that for all that effort and focus and weight loss being a constant in how I think and how I live, I am still struggling with all the things linked to being so overweight and my health is starting to suffer. Those are the things I am trying to improve and escape. For every second of doubt and fear of the unknown there are hours of knowing that I have to take that leap into the unknown, otherwise I feel like I haven't taken the opportunity being given to me.

I have just been thrown a curve ball as I have to have a knee operation so I will have to have a general anaesthetic. I am quite pleased, not to be having one, but that my first anaesthetic will not be for the more serious WLS, but for a short knee op. It will give me an idea of what it will be like and hopefully (I am so hopeful) it will set my mind at rest and show me that there is nothing to worry about!

Hi Loki,
Love the name :) I'm new too.
I've survived life saving brain surgery and multiple other operations and I'm still scared about my upcoming sleeve. In fact sometimes it feels like other people forget that just because I've done it before, I'm not a total bad ass. I think being nervous or scared is a perfectly human response :)

Back