• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

thintan

Hi
I have just jopined site and am excitres to speak to people who are in the same boat as me. I am 9 days post gastric band op and have lost 32lbs including preop diet, feel optamistic at the moment, and am enjoying getting on the scales for the first time in years. Had my band done in Dolan park, on august 10th

Tan :jelous:

Hi Thintan. Glad to hear things are going well after your surgery.

Out of curiosity, I see you are from Leicester (I am from Leics too). Do you know if gastric band surgery is available on the NHS in Leics or is private the only option?

Hope things continue to go as you'd hoped x

Hi Cez

Hi Cez,
i am not to sure about the NHS option, I did not really consult my doctor befor going to see a private consultant.
Are you considering having the band fitted ?

Tan :)

Hi Tan - welcome to minis

I had my bypass done on saturday privately too, well done on your weight lose so far

Richard

Hmmm BOSPA doesn't have the guidelines yet for Leicester, so you might want to contact your PCT and ask them what the NHS guidelines are for your area. everywhere is so different!

Hi Tan - welcome to Minis and the post-op bander brigade! Well done on your loss so far - it is amazing. Keep up the good work x

:)hi tan

i am going to dolan to have a band fitted tomorrow, could you let me know if you found the hospital and staff good, to late to back out now excited but nervous moe

Thanks for the reply Richard, Sorry for the delay I am not the best at navigating this site. How are feeling at the moment , I am having a bit of trouble with a bloated feeling are you suffering from that also ?

I have just realised that when I reply it goes on to a thread. So thanks to all that have welcomed me. I am really going to have to read the tutorials about navigating this site, did not think i was such a techno dunce.

Dolan Park

Hi Moe,

Dolan Park is a really nice place . The staff are really friendly and they know exactly what they are doing. I was surprised how comfortable the rooms where and it was fine for by hasband and dad to stay in my room whilst I was in surgery which was good as there was a familier face when I was wheeled back in. Good luck and I am sure you will be surprised by how quick it is.

Tan :):D

Back