• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, nearly bander here!!!

just wanted to say welcome Lancs Lass 2 - good luck with your op. I am now around 3 months post op and have no regrets at all - have lost something every week and feel great - any questions just shout xx

Thanks Allie, I think I was reading in one of the threads, have u lost over 50lb in 3 mths?? That is brilliant. Hope I do as well as your doing. How much more do you want to lose???

Cut myself short, weighed myself this morning and not actually as heavy as I was last week. Only by 2lbs but it made me feel better. Started trying to lose a bit of weight this week before I see consultant on Sun. ( Don`t want to be heavier than I`ve put on my forms lol )Gonna go on the milk diet for the 8 days after that till my op, unless of course the consultant puts me on something else.

Thats great :) I did the milk one for most of the 2 weeks before my op, cos I was put on the 800cal one and found it too faffy. The milk one was much simpler and after the first few days its easy to stick to.

I thought it sounded easier too, can u even find food under 800cals lol!!! Gonna start that day after consultation ( so I`ll have just over a week on it ) Just eating normally this week but cutting down on junk!!! - I hope!!!

Lol i had a the whole have one thing from this column thing etc for the 800cals so it was all weighing and measuring (and faffing!).

Hiya, Im having my op on the 27th Oct so I'll be coming out as your going in. Ive got Dr Sigurdsson met him last fri he is really nice. I have the same amount of weight to loss as you also. Have you had the aftercare? I started 800 cal diet last monday have lost some, doing it this week also then the milk and diet one the week before. So we will be doing it together (so to speak!!!) Look forward to it :):):):):)

Dee x

Like u say alot of faffing - I`d have got to my goal weight at weight watchers if I`d liked all the measuring and stuff lol

Hi Dee, not sure how to get your post on here yet so u know I`m replying to u lol. You`ll have to keep a look out in reception so u can tell me what it`s like ( I`ll b the short fat one lol - hopefully not for much longer! ) I haven`t opted for the aftercare have u?? Not sure if I can change my mind yet on that one cos I`ve not actually had my consultation yet. I`m still umming and ahming. Seems a lot more money when refills r only approx £125 and they said on the phone I can see a dietician for £75. Not sure of all my options yet either. I go on Sunday!! Was your consultation helpful for u in making these sort of choices??

If you want to include someones post so they know you're replying to them, just click the little blue quote button in the bottom right corner of whichever post you want to include :D

:happy096: well done :D

Hi Dee, not sure how to get your post on here yet so u know I`m replying to u lol. You`ll have to keep a look out in reception so u can tell me what it`s like ( I`ll b the short fat one lol - hopefully not for much longer! ) I haven`t opted for the aftercare have u?? Not sure if I can change my mind yet on that one cos I`ve not actually had my consultation yet. I`m still umming and ahming. Seems a lot more money when refills r only approx £125 and they said on the phone I can see a dietician for £75. Not sure of all my options yet either. I go on Sunday!! Was your consultation helpful for u in making these sort of choices??

Hiya Im from Birmingham, I wont know who you are cause I persume there will be a lot of short and fat people there me included (although Im quite tall, but still fat!!!) No didnt have the aftercare package but I know the is somewhere that Emma on here goes too is £75 i think for a fill and is with the WLS (I think!!) Not doing well here. If you read through all the threads you'll find out everything you need to know. I went to see a dr and dietician today cause I did get referred on NHS but didnt have patience to wait and found out today that I prob wouldnt have qualified anyways!! But they are going to monitor me see dietician every 2 weeks and there was a mention of doing my fills also. So maybe you could go and see you dr?!?!?

Dee xx

Thanks for that, I`ll check out the site. How r u feeling about the upcoming op?? I`m abit nervous but excited at the same time. I`m going into the hospital on my own which I suppose doesn`t help the nerves. I`m on my own cos I`ve got two young children and we are all travelling and stopping in the Ladybird Lodge so my husband has to stay with them. They`ll all b visiting later though. Not told anyone( apart from husband ) about the op which is y we haven`t got a sitter.

Im feeling the same way nevous cause I have never been under before and excited. My pre op diet is going well at the mo touch wood, I had really bad stomach cramps and headaches last week but feelin much better and not really hungry so hopefully milk diet will be ok. Im also going on my own only cause I want to, hubby and mom not happy. I only live 25 mins away so going to drive myself and 2 of them will come in the morning or later on night, depending on what I want. Im the opposite end of the scale I own a beauty/tanning salon and everyone knows Im having it done plus all my family and friends. Not much PRESSURE there!!!

Dee xx

Not really sure y I`ve not told anyone really, prob cos I come from a town that likes to gossip and alot of my friends r big and I know there`ll prob b a bit of jealousy that I`m doing something about it. Plus, the money side of things, my husbands side of the family ( mother in law ) won`t like us spending money on such things. Prob cos she doesn`t know how it feels as she and I quote " has been the same weight since her teens! " ( Still doesn`t stop her having a big bum lol )

Back