• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiccups!

crazycatlady

Keep having hiccups when eating. After a few mouthfuls. Usually only at evening meal though. I'm on mash foods. Any tips? What could be causing it? Xxx

Irritation of your diaphragm?

Keep having hiccups when eating. After a few mouthfuls. Usually only at evening meal though. I'm on mash foods. Any tips? What could be causing it? Xxx
well im not an expert, but ive heard people on here say that hiccups can be a sign that your pouch has had enough :) xxx

U full or eating too quickly ?

It might be what is called your Soft cue.

soft cue: Is that post gastric bypass little message your body tells you when you have had enough - for some it's a sneeze, a runny nose, hiccup, sigh, yawn. If you recognize yours quickly you can avoid overeating and potentially losing what you just ate by not taking "just one more bite."

I think mine is hiccups

Just found this post that I did a while ago HTH

For banders - of which you are one its more than likely eating too quickly or too big a mouthful. Hiccups or coughing x

It might be what is called your Soft cue.

soft cue: Is that post gastric bypass little message your body tells you when you have had enough - for some it's a sneeze, a runny nose, hiccup, sigh, yawn. If you recognize yours quickly you can avoid overeating and potentially losing what you just ate by not taking "just one more bite."

I think mine is hiccups

Just found this post that I did a while ago HTH

For banders - of which you are one its more than likely eating too quickly or too big a mouthful. Hiccups or coughing x

Sorry Maz I missed that she is a bander :eek:

Ha ha the question was posted in the banders section but I think a lot of us just click on the new threads and forget the different op sections ;)

Sometimes though there are differences with what to expect and whats good / bad with the different ops.

Its funny imagining all you bypassers sneezing while us banders are feeling the 'stop now' iron fist. What must we all look like lol :D xx

Thanks guys! Yeah funny how there are bodily cues! Think I'm eating far too fast-can't seem to slow down! I'll keep trying tho xxx

Don't think I had hiccups for 20 years until I had my band - but for me, my first hiccup is definitely my soft cue to stop eating because I have had enough. Its a learning journey, having a band. Good luck :)

I only ever get the hiccups when I have eaten a tad too fast.

Back