• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

High Protein = Gout for me!

Angela1310

Anyone have any suggestions :cry:

I am so upset! For the first time ever I am in total control of my eating habits and now this :mad:

Gout is so painful, so much for plain sailing through the op, no pain, no reflux no acid. I followed to the letter what I was told to do :confused:

I have no ideas what so ever but REALLY hope there is a way round this for you xx

I am going to talk to the dietician at the hospital, hope she comes up with a solution.

Shocked, I very rarely eat red meat, no booze so wondering what has triggered it :(

My Mum has gout too, I've been searching Google to try and find cures and the only way seems to be through a very restricted diet :(

It's the high protein diet I'm afraid :(

Angela, a few of us have noticed that we're getting immunity related issues at about a year post op. Is it similar to that?

Gout can be a really crippling pain. My husband gets it when tired or eating/drinking the wrong things (strawberries can be a trigger too ... So its not necessarily the bad things in life) ... Speak to your gp ... Its controllable with a daily tablet xxx

What flutterby said!! My husband is a sufferer and it's not only proteins that affect it, although his worst flare ups are after eating too much fish x

Thanks everyone, fish and strawberries, I have recently been eating more of these.
Still got to speak to the dietician, but really not happy everything was going so well.

Saw the Dr and been given Naproxen and back on the Lansoprazole. I am hoping I can sort my diet so I dont get lots of attacks. Never had pain like this before!

Yvessa, I am hoping I dont get anything else! The only problem I had and the reason for my operation was my knees wearing out.

This pain is worse than anything I have ever experienced.

Yvessa, I am hoping I dont get anything else! The only problem I had and the reason for my operation was my knees wearing out.

This pain is worse than anything I have ever experienced.
I know the feeling! I was relatively healthy preop, I did have sleep apnoea but it was well treated and aches and pains. But now I seem to get a cold at the drop of a hat and I was recently put on antibiotics for the next six months!! A friend of mine has been ill non stop since the beginning of the year and Shelleymarie has had a run in with the chicken pox virus! And they say weightloss is good for your health!

I know the feeling! I was relatively healthy preop, I did have sleep apnoea but it was well treated and aches and pains. But now I seem to get a cold at the drop of a hat and I was recently put on antibiotics for the next six months!! A friend of mine has been ill non stop since the beginning of the year and Shelleymarie has had a run in with the chicken pox virus! And they say weightloss is good for your health!

Gout, Hair loss, chronic tiredness, dry skin, sciatica, shin splints, constipation, bleeding piles & and OCD (scales)..... Please no more!!

Let's hope that you can find a way of controlling it easily, I know my husband is doing ok weight wise and controlling with his diet, we just have to keep things varied so he doesn't get a build up. He is good with paina nd never ill so I know it must be painful for him to complain about it

Its bad enough battling the eating habits of a lifetime without getting loads of side effects of attempting to be a healthy weight.

Those who claim this WLS is the easy way out should really walk a day in our shoes! Or not as the case may be for me right at this moment! ;)

Back