• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi there

Maphillips

Hi to all my name is mark , I had a band fitted in march 2008 I weighted in at 31.6 then my last weight as off today is 19.12 so nearly 12 stone I would say not easy had it's moments but well worth it
I am under my ackroyd in Sheffield one of the best but that my opinion
I was on this site over 3 yrs ago before had lots off problems eg sleep apnea , high blood pressure , gout, acid reflux ,type 2 diabetes since op got rid of diabetes and acid reflux and take less blood pressure tablets also can now walk miles it has given me a new lease of life but to anyone it's not a easy option please listen and ask lots off questions my band is my best buddy but also my worst enemy just spent Christmas in hospital due to a slippage but would not swop it
Sorry for going on and hello all happy new year

How are you feeling now? I'm curious, did they "fix" the slippage or did they remove it?

The reason I ask is because it cost so much for me to get the band, that should anything like that happen to me do they take it out? Does the nhs fix it? Do u have to pay to have it fixed? Etc

Be grateful if you could tell me the process of your experience as it's something I wonder about.

Thank you

Hi Mark and :welcome: to WLS, sounds like you have done brilliantly with your bad :D Im a bypasser and I know exactly what you mean about your band sometimes being your best freind and others your worst enemy lol....sometimes, usually when I get something stuck I wish Id never had the blo*dy thing but 99% of the time I lurrrvvvvve my bypass :D XX

Hi Mark and :welcome: back on site!

You have done incredibly well losing so much weight with your band.

Let us know your news about your hospital stay, so we can understand what it involved!

I am at the start of my weight loss journey - and find it exciting when someone who has had a band fitted for a long time, comes on and explains about their experience.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Welcome to the forum Mark! You have done brilliantly, well done to you! I'm a bypasser and only at the beginning of my journey, and it's always nice to see people who have done so well :)

Welcome & well done for doing so brilliantly so far :D Xx

Tomlinson said:
How are you feeling now? I'm curious, did they "fix" the slippage or did they remove it?

The reason I ask is because it cost so much for me to get the band, that should anything like that happen to me do they take it out? Does the nhs fix it? Do u have to pay to have it fixed? Etc

Be grateful if you could tell me the process of your experience as it's something I wonder about.

Thank you

Hi they deflated it for about 6 weeks then start the fill again
I have got used to the band know how to treat it but sometimes things go wrong I think stress also affects it
On the run upto Christmas was stressed a bit and this happened the last time it happened was when my wife had her knee op and was stressed then
Every fill is different and works great when you get the sweet spot but it means new menus after every fill
The down side is you will learn to throw up but not that bad now also don't drink with food I can only eat soft at the moment salad stuff and meat is a no no
Things that are good are low fat yogurhts frozen are a good alternative to ice cream low sugar jellies rice pudding
Soups casserole always works but portion sizes are small and eat slowly
My band is my best friend and my worst enemy but would not get rid off it
Good luck and I know you'll master it
It takes time and you may need several fills also if to tight causes lots of problems
My band is a 9 ml at my peak had 6 mls in but was down to 2 ml
Hope this helps
Mark

Thanks to all and just got my appointment to see mr ackroyd for middle of feb then it will be filled again going to mention about stress to see if it does affect it and will let you all know
Thanks to everyone over the years for all there kind support and help it has been fantastic knowing someone else is out there who understands about how you truly feel
Mark

Last edited:
Back