• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya from Essex

jackie nixon

Hello all and i hope you are all doing well.
Im Jackie and i live in Essex. Ive been overweight my whole life and tried everything possible to lose weight but struggle to keep it off. A couple of years ago i lost 7 stone but it went straight back on with another couple.
Im really desperate for surgery as i think its my only hope to keep the weight off but my gp is not at all helpful. I have asked about surgery numerous times and he either laughs at me or completely ignores my pleas.
Last time i saw him(about one of my other problems) he mumbled about having to get my weight under control then i recieved a phone call from a group morelife saying i had been referred . i have not long finished th 12 week course and i am now attending monthly for the maintenance part.( I lost just over a stone). I have also this week joined slimming world as i need that weekly weigh in.
I have been told by the other members of my morelife group that the course itself is tier 3 and i should persist with my doctor about the surgery and not take no for an answer. What do you guys think? Im 49 and my bmi is 47.

Back