• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya!

goodsoul86

Thought i'd introduce myself.

I've lost a huge amount of weight since the start of last year and while i'm at that point where the weight is coming off much, much slower i'm only a couple of months away from being classed as skinny for the first time in my life. :)

You can probably guess that i'm also dealing with some sizeable 'skin issues' and i've got an appointment with a plastic surgeon on Dec 19th. I've read through the posts on here and they've been really helpful but here in Scotland the NHS is a very different animal to that down South.

Does anyone on here have experience of going through the process for an abdominoplasty in Scotland? It would be really helpful if i could chat with you.

Also, i had started to type up my 'weight loss story' but it is pretty long and, after reading it back, fairly dramatic. Would anyone like to read it? It could maybe inspire a few people who are starting out like i was a couple of years back. It could also serve as a warning to the dangers of being too hard on yourself...

Anyway, hope to speak to you all over the course.:D

hey goodsoul, cant help you im afraid, but welcome to the site and good luck :) xxx

Welcome. For me , all stories are helpful & I think others would agree . At the end of the day no one is forced to read any posts , so you go ahead & post it , its then each individual's choice as whether to read or not.
Good luck with your quest xx

Agree with Cheryl. There will always be someone who can identify with your own story, and other people on parallel journeys will take inspiration from yours.

Post your journey, and a big welcome to the site goodsoul86!

Welcome Goodsoul & congratulations on losing your weight :) I agree, go ahead & post your story so far ... look forward to reading it & the best of luck getting your funding xxx :):)

Wud love to hear your story hopefully it may really help some of us. I will put my hand up and say I often beat myself mentally when I've had a bad day etc

Hiya welcome to site n well dun on ur weight loss good luck wiv ur skin surgery ;) x look forward to reading ur journey x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks for the kind wishes. I'm away on a wee holiday to London but i promise to share my story when i get back.

If i can lose 200lbs+ then anyone can.

hiya and welcome to this site, congratulations on your weight loss, im i true in saying you lost your weight through diet alone or did you have some kind of bariatrc surgery???

i would realy love to hear your story and how you achived your weight loss
sorry i carnt help you on plastic surgery but if you do go on the plastic surgery forum you will be able to see other peoples storys. xxxx

Welcome! I am looking forward to reading your story :)

May be a good idea to start a diary at put your story in the beginning. Would be helpful to others in Scotland to follow your who journey right through to plastics (as you said the NHS is different up there) and of course for us :)

Hope you are enjoying your time in the Big Smoke :D

Hello!

Its nice to see people are interested. I'll definitely get to work over the weekend on how i got to where i am.

I haven't had any bariatric surgery. I lost it all through motivation, determination, sacrifice and really, really hard work. It has been horrendous at times but you've just got to hang in there.

It isn't easy but its ultimately worth it.

Back