• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie waiting for bypass.

nichol80

Hi, I'm Nichol. I've been on the waiting list since December (endo was in November) seen a few different surgeons and still no idea who is doing my surgery or when it will be.
Anyone else feel like their life is on hold?! Haha.
Just looking forward to my new life and hoping I get a date soon.

Also does anyone know why the name of the Facebook group for Sunderland patients is called? I'd like to join it. I've messaged Liz (?) to see if I could be added to the group but had no response. Would be really helpful to speak to others in the same boat from SRH.

Hiya im a member of liz's facebook. Its a secret group so you wont find it by searching. If you search for a post from her on here i think you click a link to her facebook and ask to be added as her friend. Then she will add you to the group. I did that and ive been a member for a while now. I find the group absolutely brilliant. I had my endo in September so im hoping for my op in March its been a long time waiting but we will get there in the end. I think because they are so busy you just get the surgeon on duty the day of your op. Im the same i have no idea who my surgeon is ive seen different people each time. Let me know if you manage to be added i will look out for you xx

Hi there, I tried clicking a link I found on here but it didn't work for some reason. So I searched for her through a mutual friends profile on FB. I'll have a look through posts now to see if I can try again :)
I was told March by Mr Schroeder but I'm starting to think it'll be more like May. It's awful not being able to plan anything lol. Plus I'm in my final year of Uni, so looks like the op will happen right around the time of my hand-in dates.
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated :)

yea ive just tried that? it did work before.? strange.. anyway if you cant find her let me know. Theres a few people getting calls for feb ops so we wont be too far behind. xx keep smiling xx

yea ive just tried that? it did work before.? strange.. anyway if you cant find her let me know. Theres a few people getting calls for feb ops so we wont be too far behind. xx keep smiling xx

I found her and I've been added to the group :) thanks. Yeah I'm hoping it won't be long now, it's been almost 18 months since first appt! X

Welcome to the site Nichol :) And yes, I also feel like my life is on hold. Roll on surgery. Good luck on your weight loss journey x

Hi it's 2 much of a waiting game but not long to go for you now. Think of the shops you can hit at Christmas! X

Oh that's all I can focus on! Haha. I'm clothes mad anyway, I'll be bankrupt when I'm slimmer ;) can't wait to shop in 'normal' places! X

hope this helps

I got this in the post from sunderland

Liver reducing milk diet

Daily allowance

2-3 pints of semi skimmed or skimmed milk
2 diet yoghurts - natural or fruit flavoured
3-4 portion of fruit (try and include banana,orange or grapes each day
Sugar free jelly (optional)
one bowl of vegetable soup - preferably home made. Its should not contain potatoes or pulses e.g.lentils

Drinks
Water, tea coffee and low calorie drinks or squashes are allowed freely. Sweeteners are allowed

1 small glass of fruit juice (orange or pinapple or tomato)

no other foods should be eaten

alchohol is not allowed

there is another diet if yr diabetic but if not then the one above is the one to do 10 days prior to surgery

xx

hope this helps

I got this in the post from sunderland

Liver reducing milk diet

Daily allowance

2-3 pints of semi skimmed or skimmed milk
2 diet yoghurts - natural or fruit flavoured
3-4 portion of fruit (try and include banana,orange or grapes each day
Sugar free jelly (optional)
one bowl of vegetable soup - preferably home made. Its should not contain potatoes or pulses e.g.lentils

Drinks
Water, tea coffee and low calorie drinks or squashes are allowed freely. Sweeteners are allowed

1 small glass of fruit juice (orange or pinapple or tomato)

no other foods should be eaten

alchohol is not allowed

there is another diet if yr diabetic but if not then the one above is the one to do 10 days prior to surgery

xx

THANK YOU:p;):):wave_cry:

Back