• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home after surgery and....

4Gr8kids

I can't keep anything down. :( I also had a hiatal hernia that was repaired which is causing some chest pain. After I got home yesterday, I had about 2 oz of soup and I guess it got stuck. I still taste some of it when it comes up. Sorry for TMI. I am sipping water and it comes up too. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know the answer but I'm pretty sure you're not the first to experience this and that someone will be along shortly who can suggest what may be happening. Did the hospital discharge you with you unable to keep anything down? I thought they had to be sure you were keeping fluids down before discharging you? I think the ability to take on water and keep it down is pretty important so you may have to contact your team (which you may have already done?) Hope you get things sorted soon and wishing you a speedy recovery x x

You need to be sipping, tiny tiny amounts at the beginning. Liquids shouldn't be making you sick so keep an eye in it and talk to your team x

My consultant wanted me to only sip fluids with a teaspoon, all liquids, even water.. For a month.. You probably aren't doing anything wrong, you just are swollen inside and it's hard to keep things down, if you literally can't tolerate anything you are doing the right thing seeking medical help because you will become dehydrated in a v short time xx

I hope your team get you sorted. You should be able to keep something down almost as soon as you are off the drip. Good luck.

I'm back! They kept me at the hospital for fluids and steroids. I was swollen and dehydrated. Much, much better now. Thank you!

Great to hear you are feeling better

Glad to hear you went, got the help and are feeling better! :)

Back