• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

home and sleeved

saffrons

well I had my gallbladder and sleeve done on friday and came home from the hospital yesterday, and i must say i feel like rubbish. I did not expect this wind pain to hurt so much, i can hardly sip anything without wanting to throw up. and i have really bad heartburn, someone please tell me it gets better!!!

Welcome to the losers bench! I have not had your surgery, but after a moajor op your are bound to feel uncomfortable. It does get better but I am sure a sleever will be along to offer more pratical advice. I wish you a speedy recovery.

tranquil x

Hi Saffrons well done on having your surgery, the weight will now start dropping off.

The wind does get a bit easier each day, I always found hot drinks helped the most but you must keep moving around, you'll keep hearing it but it really does help.

I was told to take Omeprazole for 2 weeks before my op and then 6 weeks after, its an anti-inflamitory for the stomache and controls the acid in there to stop heartburn. Have you been prescribed anything like that from the hospital/doctors? If not could you speak to them or your gp on monday and get a prescription it stopped me feeling any heartburn.

The other advice is follow your bodies feelings if you feel tired make sure you sleep and get some rest, but while you feel active do keep moving, it keeps everything flowing round your body and helps it recover.

Hope you feel better each day, I'm sure you will do x The wind pain was horrible and hopefully as that disperses you will feel much brighter and can focus more on the exciting weight losses you have to look forward to xxxx
Take it easy x

It was nice to see you in person hun, I'm sorry we never got chance to meet up again later, but I think we were both feeling pretty rotten!

How is your wind now? Mine's still there, but subsiding a bit. Hurts to drink though!

Also hiccups are painful!

Hi, great to see you home after your op. I'm sorry you're suffering and hope you feel better soon. I have suffered acid reflux for the last few years and Omeprazole really does help - see if your GP will prescribe some temporarily? I hope you feel better soon x

Hi

Glad it all went ok for you both and you home safely, the wind hurts but yes it does get better xx

Sorry to hear you are suffering with trapped wind, if you are able to walk a bit it will help to shift the wind.

Can I ask why they removed your gallbladder?

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hi Saffrons
I am 12 weeks post sleeve, felt pretty much the same with wind pain for up to a week plus felt a bit bruised just under ribs as well, as for heartburn I take omeprazole daily from GP which helps but sometimes I still have to take gaviscon tablets when I get a bit heartburn (usually in afternoon for some reason).
It does get better so hang in there.

Denise

had my gallbladder out at the same time because i had lots of stones and was having painful attacks, well i am starting to feel a bit better i am just wishing the days away till i am pain free, i know it will all be worth it in the end. Adam it was good to see you too, how you getting on? x

Adam it was good to see you too, how you getting on? x

I'm alright, still some of the windy feelings especially if I drink something it can be quite sharp a pain but it goes away quick enough. Feeling the wounds getting a little tighter now as they start to heal up too. I'm also eating stupid amounts of yogurt, lol

had my gallbladder out at the same time because i had lots of stones and was having painful attacks, well i am starting to feel a bit better i am just wishing the days away till i am pain free, i know it will all be worth it in the end. Adam it was good to see you too, how you getting on? x

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better:hug99:

It is a good job getting your gall bladder out at the same time as so often others have to have this done down the line.

I'm alright, still some of the windy feelings especially if I drink something it can be quite sharp a pain but it goes away quick enough. Feeling the wounds getting a little tighter now as they start to heal up too. I'm also eating stupid amounts of yogurt, lol

Good to hear you are making progress Adam:hug99:

:)Hi Saffrons-glad to hear the pain is easing-
we've all moved along the bench for both you & Adam:)

Hiya,

Congrats on getting your surgery. I have to admit that i didnt have any pain :( only back pain from sleeping weird. BUt the hospital gave me a bottle of peppermint water to help with wind. Just take a little capful and then go for a walk.

Hope you feel better soon.

i am not going to weigh myself until my 6 week check up and am hoping for a nice big number... hope i can last another 5 weeks

Back