• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home at last but totally braindead

Jen1961

Is on her way!
Hi guys, I got let out of hospital today and I'm home at last.

I'm feeling much better today other than soreness which is to be expected. Having all the staples removed on Monday oh joy!!

But I just don't know what to do lol!

I am only managing about 2 -3 teaspoons of anything at any one stage.

Today I have had 1/2 a weetabix for breakfast

Mid morning 3 tsp yoghurt

Lunch 3tsp purée chicken &mash with gravy. Plus 1 tsp of yoghurt.

Now at home -

Mid afternoon 3 tsp no sugar jelly

Tea time About a quarter tin of WW Tom soup.

Sips of water all day plus one black coffee and planning on having a Cadbury highlight tonight before bed.

I'm full but can soup be classed as a meal or do I still need to have something else today?

In hospital there was weetabix at breakfast , plus 2 hot purée meals and yog at lunch and tea (or ice cream) plus extra yoghurt for mid morning and afternoon as my dietician says while I am eating so small I need extra snacks between meals.

I should know all this by now duh!!

Hi guys, I got let out of hospital today and I'm home at last.

I'm feeling much better today other than soreness which is to be expected. Having all the staples removed on Monday oh joy!!

But I just don't know what to do lol!

I am only managing about 2 -3 teaspoons of anything at any one stage.

Today I have had 1/2 a weetabix for breakfast

Mid morning 3 tsp yoghurt

Lunch 3tsp purée chicken &mash with gravy. Plus 1 tsp of yoghurt.

Now at home -

Mid afternoon 3 tsp no sugar jelly

Tea time About a quarter tin of WW Tom soup.

Sips of water all day plus one black coffee and planning on having a Cadbury highlight tonight before bed.

I'm full but can soup be classed as a meal or do I still need to have something else today?

In hospital there was weetabix at breakfast , plus 2 hot purée meals and yog at lunch and tea (or ice cream) plus extra yoghurt for mid morning and afternoon as my dietician says while I am eating so small I need extra snacks between meals.

I should know all this by now duh!!

Welcome home, Jen :):) That sounds great ... it's more than I managed for my first 2 weeks :) Don't stress, sweetie :) just make sure you are getting your fluids in as much as you can. Have a good nights sleep in your own bed xxx :)

hi wouldnt worry im 5 days post op ad all i can manage all day is

Brekfast - Half a fromage frais

Lunch - 3 Tbsp pureed mince and tomato

Tea - 3 Tbsp Pureed lamb and veg soup

i havent been able to manage anything in between and am constantly feeling full at moment so dont actualy want to eat anything - weird

hey jen, great to see you home and posting, take care honey :) xxx

Rest and heal now hun, eat what you can and drink plenty :)
Enjoy your own bed xxxxxx

It is good, today it was my first eating day after of the surgery at home. My friends came around and it was so funny .....no one seems to understands that I feel full with two or three spoons,...so I just allowed them to keep putting glasses in the table with soup, and more than I know it is going to be wasted...jejejeje.....they will get used!!!You are just doing fine babe.xxx

Welcome home hun happy shrinking ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Glad you're home and on the mend.
I had my bypass on 19th and am on fluids only until 3rd December when I can move onto purees. I can't wait to try food but I am too nervous to move onto the next stage before I should. :(
All the time I was in hospital I was only given water, bovril and tea/coffee. Not once was anything else offered to me. On my sheet it says I can have soups strained and diluted with milk, actimel and diluted fat free yoghurt.
Isn't it strange how advice differs in various hospitals!
I hope you have a speedy recovery. x

Sounds like you're doing really well Jen. I'm sure I'm eating too much and worrying that I'm stretching my pouch. Finding it hard to know when I'm full up. This morning I've had half a 125g yogurt which I brought home from the hospital and it says it's a thick and creamy one but had a sticker on it saying it was ok for bariatrics. I've also had some homemade chicken leek and potato soup, liquidised so no lumps and quite liquidy. Not sure how many teaspoons worth though as I am using a teaspoon but only putting a tiny bit in at a time. I would say about 100ml at a time though looking at the size of this yogurt pot in front of me. Keeping it all down.

Lovely to be back home isn't it.

Love Kate x

congratulatons

Sounds like you're doing really well Jen. I'm sure I'm eating too much and worrying that I'm stretching my pouch. Finding it hard to know when I'm full up. This morning I've had half a 125g yogurt which I brought home from the hospital and it says it's a thick and creamy one but had a sticker on it saying it was ok for bariatrics. I've also had some homemade chicken leek and potato soup, liquidised so no lumps and quite liquidy. Not sure how many teaspoons worth though as I am using a teaspoon but only putting a tiny bit in at a time. I would say about 100ml at a time though looking at the size of this yogurt pot in front of me. Keeping it all down.

Lovely to be back home isn't it.

Love Kate x

Im a bit like like you Kate. I guess it will be all a bit trial and error to begin with.

Im keeping it down so thats a start and I certainly don't feel hungry so I must be getting enough.

It is lovely to be back home, my mum has come to stay to look after me for a couple of weeks, my hubby is being very attentive, my daughter (26) is running around fetching and carrying, doing the shopping cleaning etc etc and my little boy is being so good. Now as for my little grandson Dexter, he give me a right clout in my tummy last night with one of his toys... sigh! Bless him, he only wanted to share it with me and give me a hug. hehe!! I never realised how much love and caring my family can be. I guess its always been me whos been the caring in the past. Im not an easy patient and it is hard to have everyone run round for me... but for this week I am going to go along for the ride and enjoy it lol!!!

Thanks everyone for your support, as always. :thankyou:

Back