• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home, bathed and resting now an official Homerton LOSER

petshell

Hi,
I finally got home today -much longer than I had expected or wanted. Initially it was because the 2ns day was on a weekend and the appopriate people to discharge were not around.
Then my blood resuls came back as severely abnormal signifying inflammation and infection. I was gutted cause I couldnt come home yesterday.

My lower lobe of my left function has an infection (likely post op complication) so I was started on more antibiotics.
inally today my levels came back still through the ceiling but not as high as previous ones so they let me come out.
I have been lucky, minimal pain, no nausea or vomiting on hospital soup and jelly day after surgery.
Unfortunately my cannular cause a recurrence of my carpel tunnel syndrome and i had not real feeling in my hand for 48 hours which meant no grip and no strength. Luckily this returned shortly after the cannular was removed. I do still have an inflammed red, hot sore arm from where the cannular was. But that is manageable.
I havent felt hunger pains and only time i have heard rumbling is with cold water!
I am so glad to be home.
The Homerton was a mixed bag. Th baraitric team were excellent as were some of the nursing team. Unfortunaely alot did not have a clue about treatment progression........ I was lucky to meet the ward sister who was spot on! Probably cause she had the gastric bypass herself in November and has lost 31kg and looking good!

Anyhow, I am about to have my first coffee since last Thursday so I am off.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Shells
x

Welcome back and speedy recovery after your bumpy ride to the losers bench x

I'm pleased ur home & don't sound too bad after ur ordeal. At least its over & u can look forward to ur weight loss, feeling fit, healthy & shopping for all those skinny summer clothes. Take care

Welcome home Shell , glad youre ok... Make sure you rest up ;)

Glad you're back Shell. Enjoy being home and relaxing. Hope you feel well soon x

Sorry to hear you had complications, I bet you thought....... trust me.:eek:

But welcome back and here's wishing you a speedy recovery and a good weight loss.:553:

Sorry you had a bit of a rocky start, but glad to hear you are home at last. Get plenty of rest and give yourself time to heal. Walk and sip! xx

Hiya and welcome back. Sorry to hear you had a few problems, but hope from now on your recovery will be smooth and pain free. Good to have you back xxxx

Welcome back, i believe this is where the real journey now begins.... Swift painfree healing thoughts coming your way xx

Glad you home safe and sound

thank you everyone.
I am feeling pretty good, just the feeling that i have been kicked in the lower left side rib cage and stomach by a horse! GUESS THAT IS NORMAL haha.
I had a blinder of a headache today and instantly new it was because i had not havd near enuff fluids the past couple of days so have been sipping lots.
went to tesco with hubby and did some shopping - all that food and none for me except soups and sugar free crusha!

My only whinge is that i cant get comfortable at night so am not sleepnig brilliantly. However, I knew that was gonna be a problem x

Anyhow again thanks for you supprot and encouraging words xx
Shellsx

Back