• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home but wish I wasn't!

Tatiana

Hi all,

Came home yesterday after my sleeve op on Friday afternoon. Have had a rough journey so far and really wish I hadn't been discharged.

I am struggling to eat or drink - today I had couple of sips of tea, same of horlicks, half a beaker of waterand about 50-60mls complan tomato soup. Just don't want anything.

Am sleeping a lot as well as it's how I'm comfortable and reduce es my pain.

Just don't know what to do with myself!

Tatiana

Oh Tatiana :cry: soooo sorry you are in pain & struggling. You are not alone, are you? Don't worry too much if you can't eat much but do try to drink. Keep taking your pain meds & as soon as the pain lessens, you will find your appetite improves. It won't take long sweetie. You have my number if you need me xxx :wave_cry:

i was exactly the same for three weeks, and now 4 weeks post op i feel fantastic, got my energy back and a little appatite back, and pain is gone completely now, wouldnt think i had ever had an op exept for the fact of the amount i can eat

Oh you poor thing. as Twink says stay on top of the pain meds and keep getting those fluids in. I know it's difficult but it will make you feel better and stop you getting very poorly. You will feel better soon hun
xx

Wishing you well Tatiana. (((((HUGS)))))

Aw poor you, Bear with it, as you heal you will start to feel better. Keep taking all your pain meds and fluids. Every day will be better xx

Big hug hun. I would say defiantly stay on top of pain meds, I let slip as thought I was getting better but am not. I have a infection so its making me feel poo :cry:
I am 9 days out and don't want to eat do my best but at 5pm today had only had a frube. My nurse said even if its small do your best as that little bit will help towards healing. I am find drinking so I drink a lot.
I hope you feel better soon. I have spent a few days wishing I hadn't had the op but I know once I am better I will say I'd do it again lol xx

Tatiana said:
Hi all,

Came home yesterday after my sleeve op on Friday afternoon. Have had a rough journey so far and really wish I hadn't been discharged.

I am struggling to eat or drink - today I had couple of sips of tea, same of horlicks, half a beaker of waterand about 50-60mls complan tomato soup. Just don't want anything.

Am sleeping a lot as well as it's how I'm comfortable and reduce es my pain.

Just don't know what to do with myself!

Tatiana

The first couple of weeks were definitely the worst for me. Very tired, in a lot of pain and discomfort, but hold tight because it all gets much better :)
Almost 6 months down the line now for me, 6st 7lbs lost, compliments every day! Having this op was the best decision I've ever made! If you'd asked me that question a few days after my op, my answer would have been very different.
Take care, rest and sleep and look forward to "the new you" starting to emerge ;-)

Xxx

hope you're feeling better soon :)

Tatiana don't worry about food! Concentrate on your fluids, but do try and incorporate some milk into them fluids. This will give you the much needed protein to help with your healing. If you can get some Marvel to pop into milky coffee even better...

Each day is definitely better than the last, you will soon forget you ever felt like this xx

Sleep and drink,the first few weeks are the worst but they will soon fly and wait till your energy kicks in!

Hi hunnie, hope your feeling better soon, it does get better and you will forget this, do you like milk, have some nice warm milk xxx

Hello all, if it wasn't bad enough already it's just got a whole lot worse!

Mum had a fall in the garden this afternoon and been at walk in centre then hospital where diagnosis is fractured radius, also cut head above eyebrow. Now waiting for wounds to be cleaned and steri stripped and for a cast to be applied then she cam go home - now no-one can drive!

I have been doing better but, after making chicken soup for supper, I now don't feel like eating it. Got big lump in my throat - worry about my mum probably but doesn't help me!

I did manage yoghurt this afternoon as well as horlicks and jelly and a latte from Costa coffee! I will just have to start again tomorrow!

Tatiana

oh honey i hope your mum heals real quick :( you must try to eat a little something and male sure you sip sip sip, good luck mate :) xxx

(((hugs Tatiana))) Keep your spirits up, sugar. Hope your Mum is not in any pain & you both get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is another day :) xxx

Thanks ladies,

Mum now safely at home with her arm in a cast. Appointment for fracture clinic on January 3rd.

Now going to have to get driving by next week so I can at least make myself useful!

I gave up on the soup but had a glass of apple juice instead.

Tatiana

Hi Tatiana. How are you and your mom doing now? Hope you are both getting better xxx

Sending my good wishes to you too Tatiana-and hope your mum is on the mend
xx

Back