• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home but wish I wasn't!

Tatiana: I am four weeks post op as of tomorrow and I can honestly tell you today is the FIRST day I have felt really well since my op. I have had goodish days and worse days (so I don't necessarily agree that it gets better every day) but as my surgeon described it to me, it's a zigzag line going up, rather than a straight line going up. I have had so many "OMG what have I done???" moments, but today I think I can really see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I feel good. I also had SMOKED SALMON at lunchtime, not mushed or pureed, just as it was, and it went down fine!

Right now you are healing. As my surgeon also told me, look at your wounds. What they look like on the outside is what they look like on the inside. Mine are still healing, so yours will also be. Give yourself time, look after mum if you can but above all, be kind to yourself.

hope your feeling ok now Tatiana x

hope things get better for you soon x

Hello all,

Mum was at sisters until yesterday then she and dad went home
I am going to pick car up probably tomorrow sometime as parents are going to need shopping doing in the next couple of days. Dad will want to get his pension and has probably run out of rum!

I'm still struggling and diet almost solely consists of milk and fruit juice. My wounds generally look better but I there is a lot of bruising still coming through. I also still struggle with doing anything that involves more than walking across a room!

Christmas was a total non event and I went to bed at three - on the afternoon! Yesterday was better but too many people for my liking and very tired as a result.

Tatiana

Last edited:
Tatiana: What you describe is 10000% normal for your stage of healing. Don't expect too much. I don't do Christmas; we have Chanukah instead...I hosted a family Chanukah party this past Sunday lunchtime; all my kids, grandkids and some great grandkids; what a noisy busy occasion! I had already warned my kids they will have to help clear up..and at 3.30 in the afternoon it was all too much for me and I announced everyone could stay as long as they liked, but I was going to bed! And I did. I dreaded the mess when I came down again, but amazingly my kids had done an amazing job of clearing up, washing up and hoovering. Just be kind to yourself.

Thanks for the words of experience Ruthie,

People don't seem to get just how even walking downstairs is an effort!

What I'm struggling most with is getting in the required protein each day - the dietician said something about 60g/day, I will be lucky if I manage 20-30g! Anything other than milk or juice hurts to swallow and if I have soup all I can manage is 5-6 spoons before I am stuffed!

Tatiana

Tatiana-add dried milk powder to your milk to double the protein in it. I add 2 tablespoons per half pint. You can add it to soup as well , but add it when it's cold and let it stand a while before heating
xx

Ruthie,

I have the same problem with arthritis but this is worse than usual!

Tatiana

Give yourself time. I'm also very impatient, want to be all better and skinny IMMEDIATELY but that's not going to happen so I've learned to take it slowly.

Miss Tickle said:
Tatiana-add dried milk powder to your milk to double the protein in it. I add 2 tablespoons per half pint. You can add it to soup as well , but add it when it's cold and let it stand a while before heating
xx

Thanks Miss Tickle,

Will do that when I go home. Just want to eat real food!

Tatiana

i hope things are improving now x i really can't wait for the day i wake up and think how good i feel today :)

Back