• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so excited & I just can't hide it...

ditzeeblonde

Had my first appt at St Richards today... what a fabulous day! What a great team of people they have there.

This morning I met the bariatric nurse, psychologist, dietician, anesthetist, physician & then they all talked about us over lunch before we went back to hear their decision..

Apparently I'm a model candidate for a bypass & the surgeon said 'lets do it next month' as I don't need to do a pre-op b'coz I'm low carbing already (I'll miss the pleasure of the milk diet ;))... I've asked if it could be in Sept, purely b'coz we're camping for pretty much all of August & I'm thinking pitching tents, sleeping on an airbed & BBQ's wouldn't be the best idea straight after surgery!

I am so excited about it... everything I have heard today has made me more convinced this is exactly the right route for me!

I was also told I was tiny & young today so for the feel good factor it was definately worth it!! :D

aww Linzi, what a brilliant post. I'm so chuffed for you!

Thats great news.. Congratulations :) x

That's great news, i bet you are on cloud nine :)

Enjoy the camping with the knowledge that next year you'll be half the woman you are camping out :) :) xx

your exited now! just wait till after your op you'll be on a permanent high.
good luck and wish you well.

Really pleased for you, would be good if we could bottle these feelings.

good news it will be here in no time

xx

Had my first appt at St Richards today... what a fabulous day! What a great team of people they have there.

This morning I met the bariatric nurse, psychologist, dietician, anesthetist, physician & then they all talked about us over lunch before we went back to hear their decision..

Apparently I'm a model candidate for a bypass & the surgeon said 'lets do it next month' as I don't need to do a pre-op b'coz I'm low carbing already (I'll miss the pleasure of the milk diet ;))... I've asked if it could be in Sept, purely b'coz we're camping for pretty much all of August & I'm thinking pitching tents, sleeping on an airbed & BBQ's wouldn't be the best idea straight after surgery!

I am so excited about it... everything I have heard today has made me more convinced this is exactly the right route for me!

I was also told I was tiny & young today so for the feel good factor it was definately worth it!! :D
congrats.gif

Back