• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UPDATE - I'm even more excited than yesterday!!!!

kurvykaren

I phoned the hospital after getting letters for both myself and Hubby Lee confirming that it's been agreed that we can have bypass surgery, as I wanted to make sure that the funding was agreed and I wasn't counting my chickens.

Anyway, I spoke to the bariatric co-ordinator who informed me that she just happened to book our surgery date this morning, and we're both booked in for 21 February!

OMG - I'm soooooo excited! My mum said I'm weird being excited about surgery, but I told her it's the life beyond that I'm really looking forward too, and I know my mood will change a hundred times before then to scared, worried, happy, sad, aprehensive but right now I'm over the moon!

We said we're really going to look forward to going off on a weeks' holiday around November time next year, somewhere just nice and warm, just Portugal or the Canaries or something, and know that we'll be able to get on a plane and fit in a seat!

I can't stop grinning - and then the funny thing was I bought the book 'Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies' on Ebay last week, for the grand price of 99p plus £2 postage!, and that turned up today too!

Sorry if I sound like a nutter but I'm so happy right now I could burst!

:talk017::talk017:

Reactions: Bev
:)No Karen you're not sounding nutty at all-just quite rightly over-the-moon:)
So pleased for you both-2011 is going to be your yearx

I'm thrilled for you both pet. xxxx

oh wow congrats, and both being done on the same day :) xx

Thats absolutely brilliant news for you and hubby.....how exciting, no wonder you are so thrilled....with Christmas coming soon the time will just fly by .... Enjoy your excitement :D XX

I am totally chuffed for you

Oh how cool, to have someone so close to go through all of this with and to be able to compare notes with, that is cool xx
Congratulations xx
Steph xx

Great news for you both...Happy New Year!

How lovely that you have ur other half to go through the same experience together.
I know how exciting it is to have ur date so soon, my own consultants told me to be prepared For January ..
Congratulations to you both . You will at least know how the other feels during recovery in hospital & out
Take care..
Hugs xx

Well done and huge congratulations... sending loving hugs to you both! So pleased for you xxx

Back