• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Homerton

Tracey

Has anyone had surgery at Homerton Hospital ...
If so how was it I'm due in there on May 3rd
They've been great on all my appointments so far, but just wondered about being on the ward
And what's the norm for discharge xxxx

starryeyed

Hey Tracey I had mine here on Monday 25th I was quite anxious and they done really well in calming me down from the getting into the gown waiting to go down right until they put me under. I was meant to go home on the Tuesday only problem was the doctors strike so I ended up going home Wednesday evening. X

Tracey

Hi as you know I'm at Homerton on Tuesday can you tell me if you leave with soluble pain killers or will I have to get some in for when I get home
Thanks x

nafpnd

Hope your surgery went well, do update us as soon as you can.

jj87

It was fine pretty straight forward. They take swabs for the mrsa checks and check ur weight and blood pressure xx
Thank you for your reply. Also what LSD did they put you on?. I start on the 5th but pre op not till the 4th x

starryeyed

Thank you for your reply. Also what LSD did they put you on?. I start on the 5th but pre op not till the 4th x
I had the option of slimfast/low calorie or milk diet.

I done the milk diet which was -
- 4 pints of semi skimmed milk a day
- one sugar free jelly
- one salt drink so bovril/oxo or marmite
- 2 litres + of water a day
You're allowed no added sugar drinks and zero fizzys so coke zero etc there are tonnes of options now though x

jj87

I had the option of slimfast/low calorie or milk diet.

I done the milk diet which was -
- 4 pints of semi skimmed milk a day
- one sugar free jelly
- one salt drink so bovril/oxo or marmite
- 2 litres + of water a day
You're allowed no added sugar drinks and zero fizzys so coke zero etc there are tonnes of options now though x
Thanks for your reply.... Can't believe my time is nearly here x

jj87

Ooooo what will I chose.. So slimfast just shakes and water??.. I think the milk seems better.. Defo not doing food... After the surgery did u have slim fast then or just like soup as I did by some meal replacement soups and slim fast also x

starryeyed

Ooooo what will I chose.. So slimfast just shakes and water??.. I think the milk seems better.. Defo not doing food... After the surgery did u have slim fast then or just like soup as I did by some meal replacement soups and slim fast also x
I can't remember without seeing the sheets sorry. I chose the milk cause there was no food to tempt me. I tried Slim fast and soup it's good to have a variety as you don't know what you will tolerate until it's done kind of thing. Xx

jj87

If my blood pressure is still high on pre op date what mite they say??. Will it be cancelled?