• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hooray we have a wrap page!

I am getting excited now (I don't usually do excited) lol.

I just wanted to see the future changes in my measurements and I had no idea what they are (half of me wishes I still didnt know) but Im hoping in a few months, I will be laughing at the inches and pounds.....

xx

My goal is to be a size 12. I'm a size 20 at the moment. I am now 3 weeks out of surgery (this time 3 weeks ago I was in a right state!!!). Lol.
I have lost 1 stone 4 pounds so far. I am stalling big time this week though. I am staying positive as I've read that it is common and that it will pass. I would love love love to be able to wear a bikini by April. I'm planning a holiday to Abu Dhabi and would love to look amazing and find an Arab prince!! Lol xx

I had a stall at 3 weeks or so. I beleive it's a shock to the system for your body to loser so much so quick so for a week or two it will hold onto everything it has. It'll settled down soon and then the big losses will come!

Ive noticed a pattern with my losses. I'll loser on the scales but not so much size wise, then I'll stall for a few weeks but drop the inches! Both work for me! Seeing the scales comes down is an instant boost but my clothes becoming bigger overnight is amazing!

My aim is losing half my original body weight! I am certainly in it for the longhaul! Although christmas was a big blip!

Well done Sararob, you are doing great.

My biggest concern is that "it wont work" no matter how many wonderful posts I read, my daft brain keeps saying "it wont work for me" and I know thats stupid, but it keeps coming back!!

Happy to be your slimming buddy Julesburns.....
xx

Well done Sararob, you are doing great.

My biggest concern is that "it wont work" no matter how many wonderful posts I read, my daft brain keeps saying "it wont work for me" and I know thats stupid, but it keeps coming back!!

Happy to be your slimming buddy Julesburns.....
xx

It will work but you have to work with it! I have put on over christmas because I changed my eating habbits. I went from eating very small meals to picking all day! I knew I'd do it so went with it! I know that all I have to do now is go back to meals....I'm not a picker anyway normally!
I haven't denied myself anything but generally my body tells me I want to eat healthy stuff....I think if you can only get a small amout of food in your body knows what kind of things it needs. You have to listen! I turned it off over christmas but by new year I was craving couscous and salad! Haha!
I have been losing very well and still manage a skinny costa most days! I know I have alot of room to reduced my cal intake if needed to help my weight loss and now its slowed down on the scales I have increased my exercise...cos I have the energy to!

Losing momentum was one of my biggest concerns. But, your body is an amazing thing. Like Sarah said, it will know what the right things are. Also, what I find is that because my portions are some so small i can afford to go for quality instead of quantity.

We can do it girls!

I can see from reading that a lot of you have used a specific surgeon but when doing a web search for wrapping his name is not coming up often. Did one person find out about him and others are now just using him? It was a bit concerning that he does not come up top on google search pages and also it has been hard finding contact details for him. When you put in the surgeon that Cosmetic Bliss use, Dr Cerny comes up quite a bit. I am just nervous about going abroad but I think from this site I am now looking at it as a serious contender.

I used cosmetic Bliss. They were awesome. Especially if you are nervous about going abroad. If you have any questions about them feel free to ask here or pm. They are still a major support 9 months on. I can't say enough about them. X

I can see from reading that a lot of you have used a specific surgeon but when doing a web search for wrapping his name is not coming up often. Did one person find out about him and others are now just using him? It was a bit concerning that he does not come up top on google search pages and also it has been hard finding contact details for him. When you put in the surgeon that Cosmetic Bliss use, Dr Cerny comes up quite a bit. I am just nervous about going abroad but I think from this site I am now looking at it as a serious contender.

Hi Clare, look here;

http://www.wlsurgery.com/general-su...-visitors-dr-hruby-czech-republic-thread.html

Thanks for the response guys.

Snow White, how has your weight loss gone with a wrap? My thing is that I eat more than I need to or even if I am full I can eat more. I know the wrap is a tool and the rest is will power but does it make it a lot easier to resist even when hungry. Any responses would be great.

Thanks for the response guys.

Snow White, how has your weight loss gone with a wrap? My thing is that I eat more than I need to or even if I am full I can eat more. I know the wrap is a tool and the rest is will power but does it make it a lot easier to resist even when hungry. Any responses would be great.

My weight loss has been awesome. 9 stone down. It makes it easier to find the willpower. The full feeling after the wrap feels different. You feel so uncomfortable if you overeat.

If I overeat now I feel uncomfortable but can still eat. I am assuming with any of these procedures, it will really be uncomfortable so that can only be a good thing. Too much food = pain

What made you decide to go for the wrap?

For me the wrap felt less invasive, and doesn't have the dumping issues post op. I have 3 year old twins as well and was worried about the bypass recovery time.

The discomfort is definitely different than pre op. I feel like I have a 10 ton weight sitting on my chest or get an awful stitch pain if I eat to much.

That must be a good thing in some weird way as you stop your eating as it hurts. I emailed Dr Hruay 2 days ago and I have not heard anything yet. How does it work from when you get off of the plane as I know Cosmetic Bliss hold your hand from the beginning. Just nervous that I will be in a foreign country and worry that I won't have a clue.

Claire you are met as you come out of arrivals by Milan, the hospital transport driver. He will have a sign with your name on it. He will take your bag and take you to the hospital transport. Easy!

And dont worry, you'll hear from him soon :)

Like to know didn't any of you feel discomfort if you over ate prior to the op or am I the only pig and was it any easier.

Like to know didn't any of you feel discomfort if you over ate prior to the op or am I the only pig and was it any easier.

I did! But it is different. I would eat until I was certain I wouldn't be hungry then have more! It would be generally healthy stuff but masses of it! The full feeling iso different though. Before I would just feel sicky now I would feel like I couldnt breathe. Its far more uncomfortable and scarey. Not something you can put up with easily!

Haha Angee not the only pig! ;) yes I would feel discomfort if I over ate prior to op - but then like most of us it didn't stop me squeezing in that last mouthful! It's a different kind of discomfort for me post-op and feels quite painful. I've got to a point where I know that one more mouthful is not worth it. As soon as I no longer feel hungry I stop eating. Some days that means I eat very little at a meal, other days I can eat more. I'm guessing that's possibly down to my menstrual cycle but I've not actually logged it -sorry if that's tmi! x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I have had to lie down because I had eaten too much and acid reflux from hiatus hernia. Now I feel as if I could take some back out and as you say chest pain. Eating too much now is a lot less than what I could eat thank god. Of course there is always the worry of over stretching the tum

I just hope that my wrap tells my brain that I am full, because at the moment my stomach doesnt seem to know the difference between empty and full and will let me keep adding food.....

xx

I am really worried that I will stretch the stomach but I guess from what some of you are saying, it feels like a different discomfort.

Is there anyone on here that has had the wrap for over 2 years? Also, how long have you guys had your wrap for and how long did it take to get back to normal living where you did not have to worry about damaging anything e.g. stitches, leaks and whatever else

Back