• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hooray we have a wrap page!

The doctor that pioneered the wrap was a doctor talebpour and that was apparently 6 years ago. There are a lot more statistics from America where it is called gastric plication Maybe it would be a good idea to do some google searches on talebpour and plication. Your intended provider should be able to provide information that would lead to your making the right choices. I have felt worried about stitches and stretching but the amount I can eat without feeling restriction is very small so I feel I have ample warning. Apparently wannebeminime has posted a report from Dr Talebpour and it was 12 years ago that he pioneered the wrap.

Last edited:
Honestly, the full feeling will definitely stop you from eating. You feel like you are literally full up. Like if you had another spoon it would be stuck in your throat. Also you feel a bit breathless and that you have trapped wind. It's very uncomfortable. But it's good because you will stop eating instantly!!! :)

I feel that is what I need, is something that hurts to stop me. Sometime I wish my mouth ould be sewn up. I had pasta bolognese at 5pm today and since then, two slices of angel cake, 2 packet of crisps, two chocolate digestives. Drinking diet coke now which will be the hardest thing to give up. For most of them I feel full but I know I am just being a pig. Hope I am making the right decision for the wrap as it is new. It is only being on here that I read about it and researched it on the internet and its changed from me having a band. Other wls forums that have much info on the wrap which is interesting as there must be other people on there that have had it. Then again, sometimes it only takes one or two people to post that they have gone abroad and tried something new (wrap) and other people then feel a bit more confident and so it continues.

Ok. Today I've eaten
breakfast - a tea cup of porridge.
Lunch - A tea cup of carrot soup.
Snack - 1/2 a banana.
Tea - A tea cup of chicken broth.
Snack - tea cup of rice crispies in warm milk.
860 calories in total. Sounds like a small amount but each meal was filling and kept me full for about 3 hours. :)

Ok. Today I've eaten
Snack - 1/2 a banana.
860 calories in total. Sounds like a small amount but each meal was filling and kept me full for about 3 hours. :)

Looking good! How are you finding bananas? I love em but can still only eat half of one nearly 4 months out.
Keep up the good work! :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Looking good! How are you finding bananas? I love em but can still only eat half of one nearly 4 months out.
Keep up the good work! :) x

I'm the same with bananas!
I don't bother with pasta anymore either because its such bother to chew! Most other things I can manage comfortably now.

Ok. Today I've eaten
Snack - 1/2 a banana.

Hey Julesburns

How that weightloss going? Im thinking all of the above is looking very sensible......:D

xx

I just discovered teh diary section and read Snow White's one. What an excellent diary and it was nice to read from before the op until post-op. There are loads on there but do you guys know any other people who have had wraps and got a diary on there? and also I would I search for this.

Thanks

I received my email from Dr H today and it made me feel all nervous. I think it is that start of booking it and making it real. He is offering me a date for the 10th March 2013. Is anyone else going out on that date? so nervous now

I received my email from Dr H today and it made me feel all nervous. I think it is that start of booking it and making it real. He is offering me a date for the 10th March 2013. Is anyone else going out on that date? so nervous now

congratulations on making the decision to go for it, keep us posted x

Hey Clare

Well done on your decision. Im quite sure there will be someone going on the same day as you and if there is, they will be in touch, but try not to worry.

xx

I was just sitting here thinking why have I gone for the wrap. 4 days ago I did not even know what it was, it is so new, now appears that it is not reversible after a certain period and what happens if a different medical issue comes up for me later, with what I have done to my stomach have an impact? as the band they can take off and stomach is still the same as before the banding.

Am I going on the cost base as if I needed to take the band out if it did not work for me, it would cost me more money which I may not have at the time. The refilling bit was not a big issue for me but when I saw the wrap idea, it just felt more natural to have an operation and get on with life like a c-section and that you don't have to go and get check ups/refills etc.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: confused for sure but think I am scared too lol as it is real now in terms of starting the process off.

Best thing I've ever done.....it's completely changed my life...still have some 'toning' exercise to work on.....but I feel pretty fantastic....well done all you wrappers... :)

XXX

KT73,

What made you go for the wrap instead of any of the other surgeries especially as I noticed you got you op done in the UK?

How long did it get you to get completely back to normal? only asking as I play badminton once a week and would love to take this back up and maybe swimming after the op.

KT73,

What made you go for the wrap instead of any of the other surgeries especially as I noticed you got you op done in the UK?

How long did it get you to get completely back to normal? only asking as I play badminton once a week and would love to take this back up and maybe swimming after the op.

Clare if you do a search for any of the following words - 'plication, Manchester, Ammori' you will find other threads relating to some of us who have had our gastric plications (wrap) in the UK. SarahRob specifically started a diary so there's lots of info there for you :)

KT73,

Hi Claire 12345…..I'm lucky as I work in healthcare….and the area of anaesthetics/surgery/critical care….so I completely understand the risks/complications for this type of surgery.

My decision came down to the sleeve or plication (wrap)…I plumped for the plication as I preferred the thought of 'keeping my stomach'. I spent about 18months researching this surgery……..surgeons……facilities/hospitals etc…..finally my choice came down to Dr Cierny who has a wealth of experience with this type of surgery with fantastic reviews (I haven't seen anything negative tbh)…..and Prof Ammori…who although had only performed 4 plications prior to mine he is and internationally recognised bariatric surgeon.

Therefore my personal decision came down to practicality…I don't live on the mainland of the UK so travelling to another country would be difficult meaning 2 flights both ways as well as the car journeys. My husband was also not happy with me travelling abroad for the surgery.

Everyone has their own reasons for their choices dependent on personal circumstances. I feel this has been the best decision I have ever made…it has completely changed my life….and potentially the course of my future health. I am now a healthy BMI and hopefully less likely to develop the health conditions that obesity can lead to0. (I have a family history of obesity….type 2 diabetes….heart disease…joint problems etc).

Good luck with your journey….I can highly recommend Prof Ammori..he is kind, and generally cares about his patients….a fantastic surgeon….and believe me….I've seen plenty of them in my time!!

XXX

Today I have eaten:
Breakfast,
1 sachet of Quaker Oats with skim milk
1 x coffee/white

Lunch:
1 x Weight watchers Mediteanean soup
1 x Satsuma

Snack:
1 x Protein drink to up my protein intake (made with milk)

Dinner:
Chicken breast (half), cabbage and carrots. Gravy
Coffee
1 x fromage frais fat free

Not sure how good or bad that is and any ideas welcomed.

So far 1L NAS Juice, another 1L to go. (Trying for 2L but not always succeeding)

Today I've eaten -

Breakfast - slim fast shake
Snack - pineapple
Lunch - small bowl of mushroom pasta.
Snack - melon and mango slices
Tea - small bowl of rice and chicken.
1 pint of nas. No where near enough!!
860 cals all together. Can't believe I'm actually eating less than 1000 cals per day!! Shocking.

Last edited:
Back