• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hope I can do this!!!

DanaDW

I start my 10 day pre op liquid diet this Saturday and while I am soooo excited, I am also very worried. I have been eating everything under the sun the past week. Partly due to my "female cycle" almost due to happen, but I thin part of it is because I know I will not be able to eat much of this stuff for quite a while. I eat mostly out of boredom while I am at work since I work at home. Need suggestions to keep the head hunger at bay next week when I am only going to be able to drink shakes, and eat popsilcles and jello. I knwo I can do it, but I am still apprehensive.

the thought of the fact that if you don't stick to your pre-op diet and risking the chance of not having surgery should be enough of a motivation in itself!

Keep focused on the reason why you are doing this.

I had first hand experience as I heard the person in the next room to me crying when they woke up, no idea what they were having done, could have been an ingrowing toenail but the nurses told me that they had failed surgery. I suspect they were bariatric as had my surgeon.

You wanna wake up and be told it went ahead and is all over.

Stick at it, it's so worth it.

I have actually considered putting strips of paper in fridge or drawers, instead of sweets, on which I put my incentives. So if I, outt of habit, try and find something to satisfy my cravings, open one of them, I would find one of these. I haven't done that yet, Because my fiance is really encouraging and reminding me of my goals, but it is an option. What Scares me into keeping with it is the fact that I may fail surgery if I don't, so that keeps me on my toes.

I was terrified of the milk but I got through and am proud to say I didn't cheat once. I tried to look at as if I could do the milk diet I can do anything. Also I found that spa wing my milk evenly throughout the day I didn't get hungry, milk jelly really got me through as it feels a bit more substantial. It will fly by and before you know it you will be all done and ready to start you new life. The weight that you will lose on the milk diet will encourage you. Good luck x

im on day 6 milk yoghurt jelly one bowl soup and fruit and to behonest i have been better than i thought my hardest days were weekend when i was not at work but in house all day long. but i cook meals every night for the family each night too and its so strange remembering that i cant pick at the odd chip, or cheese etc. but you know you got to do it failing to do it says bye bye to the long wait and the op so your mind knows that you MUST do it hun x i made a table with my food on it etc so that i can tick off what i have left after break lunch and tea. x 10 days !! life changing at the end of it hun x

You'll cope better than you fear, it will surprise you! Think that you are doing this diet to make the surgery safe for yourself.

Hi 10 days is a short time out of your life, focus on that you can do this as they will not do your operation if you dont! So no choice, its a must. Short count down to a new you x

Back