• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is there an age for banding?

DIANAGRACE

Hello to all I was on a few weeks ago asking about banding, I have read so many of your letters and have decided the band is best for me, like most of you I have tryed so many diets just to lose the weight then put it back on, plus more
:sigh: I have to see my doc this Thursday and just hope he can help me.
I am fit and in good health even though I weigh 18 and a half stone and I am 5-5 tall:eek:. All I want from life is to be around for my grand children and to be able to stop looking at myself and seeing such a monster looking back at me :cry:.
DIANA

I dont know if there is an age limit i think it would depend on if you met the criteria, and whether you were prepared to pay for yourself or if you wanted funding, let us know how you get on

moe

Hi Diana,

I am also not sure about the upper age limit for banding on the NHS. You can only ask your GP.
If it helps, there is a lady at my support group (who admittedly had the band done privately) who is 65 and has lost 13 stone in 2 years and looks great.
Hope that helps in some way x

Last edited:
Wow 13 stone in 2 years is pretty good going!

I've no idea if there was an upward limit, but please keep us updated on how you get on.

Elle

i dont think theres an age limit i know a few older ppl with bands, some in there 50s and 60s, its about if you fit the criteria bmi wise, and you are fit enough for surgery.
good luck & best wishes
liz xx

Back