• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hopeful

Hello and very warm welcome to you
All the very best with the milk diet and planning for your new brighter, smaller future! roll on 2017!

Hello, welcome and huge well done on your first loss :)

Welcome to a great forum and very well one on your fantastic weight loss, can I ask which hospital your with, I'm at Luton and Dunstable and I had to do 4 weeks on milk diet which ended on 12th October, I too had to have 2 OXO/bovril and 4 pints of milk, vitamins plus a jelly, I lost a total of 8kg, I personally found the jelly tasted much fruitier (raspberry is my fav) if I made it with 7 fluid ounces of water and 13 fluid ounces of milk but advise you try both ways to see what suits you, I also absolutely loved chicken OXO cubes in hot milk, when I first read about it I thought it sounded disgusting but had to try it and I'm so pleased I did as it tasted like cream of chicken soup, you have nothing to lose by trying it, I divided what was left of my milk allowance and drank it regularly throughout the day with NAS crusha, I used to set my phone alarm to remind me to drink it. The aim of the milk diet at such an early stage of our journey is threefold, it proves commitment, shows we can cope with a high protein diet and finally it helps us to lose 5% of our body weight (I lost 7%) which in the case of L and D you have to lose to be able to continue with the referral and assessment. everyone is different some find it a challenge others don't, I found it easier as I didn't have to make food choices. Your doing incredibly well, it is a long journey and it's definitely not the easy option but just reading the incredibly posts on this forum keep me focussed (well most of the time ) keep focused on the end result and touch base with us all on a regular basis and you won't go far wrong as it's brimming with inspiration. Let me know if you try the chicken oxo in milk as I'm intrigued to know if anyone else finds it as scrumpy as me XxX
I love hot milk with chicken oxo cube. Thank you so much for this tip. X

I love hot milk with chicken oxo cube. Thank you so much for this tip. X
Ah I'm so pleased you like it, It is lovely and a great way to use up some milk, how are you getting on ? X

OMG I've just seen you weight loss at 2 weeks that is amazing, well done, I'm genuinely astonished X :0clapper::0clapper:

Ah I'm so pleased you like it, It is lovely and a great way to use up some milk, how are you getting on ? X
Thank you. It's been alright. Getting my bad days and good days. Still dreading when I can go back to food as my family are very much in the stage 'one treat won't hurt'. I've told everyone I want no chocolate/ sweets for Christmas so I'm hoping people listen. X

If you do get any sweet treats take them into work with you? You look generous and don't have to struggle with whether or not to eat them by yourself :)

I found the "one treat won't hurt" brigade very difficult to deal with initially. Luckily if you say no often enough they finally get the message most of the time. Thing is when you are trying really hard to make positive choices for the sake of your health and well-being, these treats do hurt especially if you feel bullied into them and then crap afterwards! Asking people to respect my decision to decline a couple of times seemed to help. Plus I used to remind myself with particular people in my family that they only wanted me to eat so they felt less guilty about tucking in themselves and add on the fact that saying no isn't actually being rude.

You can do this @Miss_Emtastic and you deserve great results x

That's a good idea I'll have to do that. Finished week 3 on the milk diet and have lost a total of 1 stone and 12 pounds. Pretty disappointed that I only lost 2 pounds in a week but I suppose anything is better than nothing. Sadly Im stopping the milk diet tomorrow as I've been having really bad side effects which my dietian understands and adviced me that I can start the food re introduction plan. Next challenge is to stick within the calories. I am really determined to keep the weight off and to lose more. I must listen to the skinny girl voice in my head and not get into bad habits again. I'm going to reduce my carbs and use a smaller plate (plus measure everything so I get the correct calories). It feels like this milk diet has given me a kick up the bum and showed me that I can do it! Just got to focus! Xx

Yeah it is. On my first appointment they arranged it with me. I got an appointment letter through for February but when I went back to start on my milk diet they gave me a new appointment (they opened a new clinic) . Xx
Welcome and good luck. I am also at Luton and Dunstable and am going next on 21 December to see a doctor to hopefully move on to tier 4. I also did 4 weeks of milk but am finding it harder now back on food. But keep going you are doing so well xxx

Back