• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie with a consultation today!

tjstark

After years and years of battling weight issues, today my journey begins.

I've contemplated surgery for many years but today I finally have a consultation with a surgeon at the BMI Healthcare private hospitals.

I don't know what to expect, I don't know which surgery is best (any preferences?), but for the first time in a long time I feel hopeful for my future that I will be able to happy, healthy and a 'normal' size.

Hello everyone. :)

Hello newbie!

Hello and welcome to the beginning of your journey . Best of everything to you !!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Welcome and good luck! I will look forward to hearing how you get on. I'm going via NHS but am in the first stages too. Let us know how you get on!

How did today go? x

Hello and welcome. Wishing you all the best with the journey!!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hello..... I would say research loads on the different types of surgery and choose what one you think is best for you. I wanted to have a band but after doing my homework I have chosen to have the sleeve. Wishing you all the best on your journey.

Hi guys, consultation went well. The doctor recommended the gastric sleeve for me, and I think it's probably what I'm going to go with as I'm still fairly young, he feels I could have a bypass in future but best off with the sleeve for now. I'm quite excited and feel good about this decision, I even had a long chat with the receptionist at the hospital who had the sleeve done by the very same surgeon! She was glowing with happiness and said it had done wonders for her, made her feel much more confident etc. I felt a lot better discussing it with someone who'd had the procedure. :)

Can I ask how old are you ?? I was going for a bypass just want to know if I'll be side swiped in a year when I qualify I hope x

I'm 26. The doctor said he feels with the right adjustments to diet/exercise, along with the sleeve, the sleeve should be enough for me and because of my age I shouldn't have too much excess skin. He said the bypass is something that could be performed at a later stage if necessary, but the sleeve should be enough.

Back