• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Horizons - What's The Right Diet For You?

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Has anybody been watching Horizons - What's The Right Diet For You? on BBC2
Really interesting stuff and straight away I was able to identify what group I belong to. Helped explain so much as to why I got to where I was and it isn't as simple as just overeating.

Yes! I finding it really fascinating. So glad that science is finally beginning to crack obesity, and it's not about 'morality' anymore (if you know what I mean).

Personally i feel like i could have belonged to any of the categories to a certain extent, but more readily identified with the contant cravers.

I'm a constant craver too Fiona. I think we all have the potential for a little bit of each category in us but I slotted perfectly into the craver slot. It is fascinating stuff and like you am so glad that at long last science is finally trying to make sense of why we are what we are because of food foibles & how the simple classic low cal / fat diet isn't wholly the answer we have all been led to believe it is.

I watched that at 6am this morning, I was in the "never felt full" camp :) After seeing them do so well for 2 weeks and then struggling and disheartened in the following weeks made me so glad I had by bypass :D

My heart went out to them but I can still remember hitting that same wall 4 weeks in and thinking why am I failing?? Of course reassurances from everyone here told me I wasn't and that its par for the course. If it wasnt for them and my bypass I may just have given up like I always had done before.

Oh that sounds interesting...i will try find it..was there a binge eating, food craving, never full category??

Oh that sounds interesting...i will try find it..was there a binge eating, food craving, never full category??
There is three categories ..
The never felt full camp
The emotional eaters
The constant cravers
There is an online questionnaire that will help find out where you lie. I sussed it out while watching the first one that was on Monday night but did the questionaire after it and yep I'm a constant craver.

Watched it on catch up and a constant craver too! I could take bits out of all the camps will do the online questionnaire when I get time in the week

Last edited:
I did the quiz i was exactly 50/50 with never full and constant cravers, gawd no wonder I was in a pickle lol

What makes me laugh is before my op I would have sat with a bag of chocolate or crisps watching it intently...no i sit with a glass of water trying to get my intake for the day and thinking I must eat something else to get my calories up!! So far ive had 575 cals today..i need to eat something before bed!!

I am mainly a Feaster-
once you start, you cannot stop group.I always said my brain was not registering I am full. How else can you explain eating so much, even when you don't like whatever it is.hate going to buffets.. I know I will not stop snacking..

What makes me laugh is before my op I would have sat with a bag of chocolate or crisps watching it intently...no i sit with a glass of water trying to get my intake for the day and thinking I must eat something else to get my calories up!! So far ive had 575 cals today..i need to eat something before bed!!

I used to watch these programmes eating 3" thick doorsteps of well done toast dripping with lurpak :rolleyes: Vowing that I will lose weight soon, yes I'll start on Monday, no point in starting now is there, especially as theres the other half of the loaf calling me to cut it toast it and slather it in butter.

Yes how times have changed..

Sure have now its 2.5" slices of toast slathered in lurp.............. only joking lol and I would not wish to go back to those days even for an hour :)

I only took the test this evening. Yep, as suspected 72% constant craver. It explains how i used to eat very normal sized meals, and had quite an average capacity. But was never full for long, and was always looking for food.

I remember after I was bypassed, I was so overwhelmed with relief that I no longer felt tormented by hunger.

To be honest, as im 2 years out nearly, this problem does still rear its ugly head. My food problems will never go away. But its definitely a massive help in managing it.

constant craver. And yes, Fiona, I too still fight this fight daily. But am succeessful more often.

Back