• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospedia (formerly patientline) tv's in wards.

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
Just wondered what people's experiences of the hospedia tv/internet/phone gadgets are that you see in most hospitals today.
Is the internet speed ok or would it still be best to take your own laptop in? I know that receiving incoming calls is very expensive for any relatives that may want to phone you. Also was it easy to set up?

It's very easy to set up. But not that cheap. You can make out-going calls for free though (well you can in Harrogate). Didn't use the internet but I'm not sure you could get wifi in an NHS hospital so could you take your own laptop in that case? maybe if you have a dongle thingy? I hadn't thought of that until now, LOL.

I couldn't work it out... xxx

I failed in October when I tried to set up the telly thing at Salford and I gave up.... I wish they'd bring back the communal telly... (for the benefit of thickies... like me) I just couldn't get it to work!

Love and hugs... I'm not bothering with it tomorrow... taking a few pics of you all to keep me happy! xxx

I found it easy to set up but not cheap! Actually I got my son to ring for me I think lol....I was gutted though as I was sent home the day I should have my op due to an emergency and they wouldnt let me have a refund as I paid cash and not card! When I went back I made sure to pay with my card....the TV was great....a good distraction but I tried the internet and it wasnt brilliant to be honest. That was Manchester though so your might be different :D XX

i only ever use mine for the tv when im in hospital, i didnt bother when i had my wls, as i went in the morning of my op, and tv was the last thing on my mind after, and i came home on the sunday anyway. i went in and had my op on the friday.

My dad said he gave up after it took 15 minutes to get onto the internet to check his emails. It's very expensive so I would recommend taking a laptop with your own internet connection and watch BBC iplayer or Channel 4 on demand or something like that.

Its really expensive for your family to ring in to - take your mobile - everybody does - we made sure we always take PAYG ones not a contract one.

I've never used the TV - too much going on and too much talking for me to concentrate. Hubby has but we learnt to buy daily cards unless we knew he was there for the duration because we wasted so much money with cards that had expired before his next trip!!

xxx

I hate these TV's/phones. Too expensive and such a nightmare. I am in hospital for several days at a time about every 6 weeks with one of my kids and we don't use it anymore. We use our mobiles and our laptops. Plus I hate the TV programming!

Thanks for the heads up ..I think I will just take my iphone in and put a few things on there to watch and listen to.

Back