• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital group in Liverpoool /Dillemanns in Belgium ? Help please very urgent

loughpet

Hi,

Please give me advice opinion . 2 of my family members have had the band fitted with Dr Dillemanns in Belgium . This is were I would like to go but can't really be away from my kids or work for as long as takes to go there and time off afterwards etc.

I priced the hospital group today and they are ringing me back this afternoon so need to decide if I want to book a consultation . They quoted me 5995 with 2yrs aftercare. My family however said I don't need the aftercare as one of them had it and found it a waste of money.

The consulation would be in Belfast and the op in Liverpool not sure of surgeon's name yet . Has anyone had the op with the hospital group is so, how did it go ? How much without aftercare etc?
I really need advise so reply asap please .

Thanks

ive not had experiance myself. but know of 2 people have gone to belgium and have had problems after with no one to turn too. 1 of them now attends our NHS support group because he ended up being admitted through A and e due to severe dehydration because his fills were done too quick.
After his last fill he phoned whoever it was and they told him he would have to wait a week before the consultant was back to have a look at him. hes now had to have his 20ml band compleatly emptied of the 12 mls they had put in and let his stomach settle down.
I think if it was me i would prefere to pay the extra for the aftercare etc then risk having problems.

Back