• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital peed me off today

Donna R

I Had an appointment to See my surgeon for my 6 week post op check. I saw his assistant..

He didnt know what type of op i had, didnt know when i had it. I had to tell him.. Then the weight he had down was what i was a year ago when i got married i had gained 3 stone since this date.

The day of my op and my pre op tests i was weighed - he had no paperwork relating to my Operation.

He then wanted me to go the Dietician because he thought i had only lost about 7lb when i have lost 46lb, I also had to have a blood test.

They made me feel that i was in denial and that i hadnt lost much weight, the lady in the next bed to me was also there today and he was well happy with her for losing 3 stone no dietician or blood test for her.

Sorry about the moan but its just got to me..

Awww thanks Jacqui, It really has got to me a bit..

Oh god , that is what i hate the most.
Some arrogent person who doesn ttake five mins to read over whats been done and then goes ahead and gets the wrong end of the stick and has the balls to say you need this and that and that.

UGH...so sorry that happened to you!

chin up, you know you are losing. such incompetence not to have the paperwork before him.

Makes you wonder if some of these people are really `qualified` at all. He certainly wasn`t the way he dealt with you!

If you have another appointment, and you know you have him again - ask for someone else. You are within your rights. Especially if they are not up to their job!

Don`t let that excuse for a doctor get you down Donna, with any luck you wont get him again.

Take care hun x

Love and Best wishes Kat x

If we did a job like that we'd get the sack! Theres no excuse for not being prepared for a patient in my book XX

Went with hubby for follow up appointment after his op 2 weeks ago.The doc said Ive read your notes then proceeded to ask what procedure he had done!Asked when he had his heart attack!We told him George is still breathless,very tired all the time,cant walk far,gets dizzy and sweats like hes in a sauna.Answer? I dont know see how you go on.WTF I will see the Heart Failure Nurse she knows more than this child registrar.

Dr hartland is a waste of space, I refuse to see him after i made a official complaint about him and he lied when my complaint was investigated and even had put on my file that I will only see dr khan, he is the one that did my op and knows best as far as I am concerned.

Tell them you want mr khan only :)

How the hell do these people get qualified? They really shouldnt be dealing with such important issues as peoples lives ........ it doesnt get much higher priority than that! xx

Oh don't apoligise - I would have been furious! Him not knowing about you before he saw you was disgraceful enough but then to get no credit at all for all the hard work you've done and the weight you've lost!! You poor thing.

Try to put it behind you now hun. YOU know you've done well and so do all your friends, family and all of us. Stuff that idiot doc!

Thanks for all your replys - means alot !!

Donna xx

You would think this day and age and all the c**k up that can and sometimes do happen, it wouldnt hurt them to browse through a patients notes before they enter the room to make them familiar wiv the patient, even if they dont usually handle your case....- its totally uncalled for in my book.

Don't apologise...I think you are totally within your rights to be furious given the situation...It makes you wonder what would happen to in an emergency (God forbid), if this idiot came along & 'tried' to treat you. You've been given some very good advice, so I would act on it & refuse to see this incompetent toad again xxx

Donna, we all know things don't happen properly at our provider. I wasn't even weighed on the date of my op!

My first follow up only happened because i rang, they said they want to see me again in 3 months, well thats Dec 10th and there's been no appt yet, so i'll guess that i'll have to ring and remind them again....

terrible!

well i congratulate you for loosing 46lbs thats fab!

Back