• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How can I best support my sister post-op?

Mrs E

Hi

I have only just registered to the site, 2 small children keep me busy!

My sister's op is a few weeks away and I am going to be around for her immediately afterwards, unfortunately we are going away the week after!

I'd love to hear from anyone who has had a Gastric Bypass - and any helpful tips on how I can best 'look after' my sis afterwards.

Thank you all!

Now i know you're ditzeeblonde's sister here is my advice...

Ditzee is worrying about the kids, best thing you can do is give her rest from them, providing of course you leave someone to keep an eye on her. Maybe take the kids off to the park or somewhere....

Maybe do up a batch of meals that Ditzee can just pop in the microwave for the kids for when you are gone and on your hols?

Best advice of all? Read the threads on this site like your life depends on it so you can see what kind of problems us post oppers have! Maybe buddy up with a wls person on here who you can perhaps share telephone number with so if you have any queries/concerns you can ring and voice them :)

Oh yes....... thank you for being such a supportive sister, i'm sure with your help for a few days Ditzee will feel much better xx

Hi Mrs E. Lovely to meet you and how kind you are to be looking after your sister.
What can I add to the excellent advice already offered?
Make sure there's plenty of food in the house for everyone else...and the kind of stuff Ditzy is likely to want/need....

ie. no added sugar squashes, flavoured waters, whatever food she's allowed (varies between providers) and just let her get as much rest as possible.

and give her plenty of TLC!

Back