• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HOW DID YOUR KIDS REACT!

sugga

Do you think this is normal?

I keep asking my 13 and 15 year old if they are they ready for seeing there mum a lot thinner.

Dont know why i keep asking them but there is so much that is going to change. I am going to look totally different, and the weight is going to come off fast.
Whooo its just so frightening in a way.:eek:

They just look at me as if im crazy at the moment, but there at an age where they are carefree and not bothered lol thats exactly what they say to me, im not bothered mum, whatever lol.

Bet they secretly cant wait though cos i know i cant lol.

How have your children coped with your weight losses and tranformations? xxxx

I was shocked that my youngest son (15yrs) said he could see I had lost weight. Whilst my eldest son (16yrs) reckons I wasn't fat in the first place! Ha, ha

Last edited:
My kids (17 and 16) took it very much in their stride until I reached complications, though I think they were pleased because I was. But since complications I think they're pretty upset I had the surgery. They loved me as I was and didn't understand how desperate I was to lose weight.
I think they're getting past it now as they see me getting better, but the whole household was pretty angry, tense and upset last week and the week before.
It's why I have had a few regrets recently.

Kids eh, in the past when iv lost a couple of stone at ww or sw and im prancing about feeling chuffed with myself, ill say to em look at yer mum isnt she loosing weight, and they will look and stare and look a bit more and then say, yes a bit i think lol Whoooo dont get me started lol xxxxx

TBH Andrea,my kids are self-absorbed teenagers and as long as food is on the table and clean clothes in their wardrobes, pretty much else passes them by!

The eldest is far more concerned with his education (studying hoping to get into Oxford), and the youngest with learning to drive soon, and his far-busier-than-mine-social life!

I think teenagers get a 'selfish' gene which fades as they hit their 20s! Hopefully!

I have three "kids" lol, 28, 20 and 18 and they were absolutely brilliant about my surgery, so supportive. I think its because over the years they have seen me suffer physically and mentally because of my weight they welcomed anythig that would ease it :D Yours will rally round when its your turn Im sure of it :D XX

LOL well Andrea, my kids are totally taking it in their stride.

I just asked my eldest. He says he's proud of me for what I've done and sticking to the diets. He's happy for me because he knows I'm happy.....but as for how it's affected him personally:
quote: "you're my mum. You've always been my mum, you always will be."

Ahhhhh........bless.:eek: Don't you just love them?:eek:;)

I do pester the youngest for style tips because he's very fashion conscious!

My girls are 9 and 7. The youngest is worried as to whether I'll still be as cuddly when I lose my weight. Apart from that they have been very supportive and quite sensible about the whole thing. They now make sure they point out where they can see I have got thinner. I don't want them to be too obsessed about my weight loss though.

The thing they enjoy the most is that I am more active and we have walked to and from school a couple of times. They have even asked if we can keep this up when they return to school, even if I am able to drive again.

Rebirth xx

i have 4 girls aged from 22 to 32, all settled in their own homes, they were greatwith me about the surgery, as they knew i had to lose weight to enable me to have surgery that i desperately need when ive lost all my weight.
ive not got far to go now, and theyre great, giving me fashion tips, and encouragement, theyve never seen me slim, and they think its fantastic, my youngest is taking me shopping next week for a 'proper bra' , so that my bust is properly supported. lol. im also now starting to fit into some of their clothes, which is great.

Thanks great replys. I think at the moment my kids are just taking it all in there stride. I suppose its hard for them to imagine me slim but time will tell.
I will totally transform myself into a more outgoing, confident and fun mum, as i have promised myself and them and it will be wonderful. xxxx

My 11 year old was worried about the risks but also relieved because he knew I was at risk being overweight. He can't believe how much has dropped off already.

My 15 year old thinks I've done great and is shocked by the portion size I eat now. He keeps telling me not to buy any more new clothes because I'm losing so much weight and they will be too big soon.

The other three don't really comment and I don't think they really think there's that much of a difference lol.

I was never worried about my children accepting me as a thinner mom (my 'at home' female children are 11 & 13, my 'flown the nest' son is 23) as they never saw me or referred to me as a fat mom. Children love you unreservedly and unconditionally and all they really see is the heart that is inside you and the love you have for them.

I am about 50lbs (i hope i got the 50th this week anyhow) down now and 3 - 4 dress sizes and my girls do tell me how thin i am now (all just over 17st of me lol) and how great i look. If i ever get to my goal of around 12st they'll still love me as much as when i was almost 21 stone....

Same as i love them no matter what happens. Our love is unconditional and simple xx

my daughter cried and ran out the hospital ward when she visited me. But now she is nicking all my size 16 clothes cause they are to big for me lol

I have a teen, 17 next week who is a law unto herself sadly. She's not said muxh at all other than scathing remarks like "here we go again" etc if anyone asks me about myself and the op. I'm ignoring it!

My 5 year old son was very.confused as he thought I'd come home from hospital THIN :D he's great tho, talks about it a lot, very understanding re food, telling people I can't have X Y Z until I'm thin lol little does he know lol

My 8 year old daughter is fab, she was quite traumatised by not seeing me for 5 days, but so glad to have me home. She's been a bit hormonal this week when I've been wiped out and not able to do much, but is taking my weight loss in her stride and wants to take me clothes shopping :)

Great thread and sooo very nice to see a pic of you sugga.

My princess is nearly 9 and my prince 7. She is excited for me and eager to see the changes. My son is a straight talker and has no concept of descretion, he has pointed out every mis-shapen wobbly, flabby bit to me since he could speak and last year even told me that the reason I have no husband is because I am too fat... he is just brutally honest and innocent. As I lose the weight his comments will most likely be up to his trademark honest standard, the day he tells mee "mummy you look beautiful" and he will because he speaks truth, then I'll know I've arrived.

And as with most kids of this age, they want to have me active.

Well I have 4 daughters 3 have flown the nest. The eldest I think has issues about me losing weight, she is big but I was bigger. Now it is the other way round and she doesnt like it..... oh dear. The next oldest couldnt really care a less I think, dont get much reaction from her. The 2nd youngest, did comment the other day that I was now slimmer than her, but she is taking it really well and has lent me some of her summer clothes for my holiday.

The very youngest is very pretty, slim with a fab figure and I think she is the proudest of them all. Not having this fat mum who always looked like a tramp at horse shows. She has the added bonus that I can now muck out all the horses for her and am so much fitter and help her more.

I do worry about my 3 plump daughters as I know how they feel, I am sure we have this I must eat everthing gene, but mine is now cured and I just wish I could do the same for them.

Mind you they have more money than me and if they choose not to do it that is their choice.

My eldest (16yrs) has been staying at my dads this week, he keeps him company & gets spoilt rotten. He came home yesterday & said "mam can I say something & you won't be offended or upset", so I replied that I wouldn't be, he said "well mam you can really tell you've lost weight". I thanked him & asked him why he thought I'd be upset or offended by that & he said "well you might have thought that I thought you were fat before but you weren't"

Ha, ha!! It made me chuckle!!

Back