• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Before you lost the weight did you...

elffie01

Im Meellttinngg!! :)
Buy any clothes at the goal size you wanted to be at ?

I know most people on here want to be healthy and arent particularly bothered what size they are, in all honesty as I said in another thread Im doing it for my helth and to enjoy my kids.

But i did see a spanking pair of jeams the other day on ebay, size 14, for £1.50 lol brand new. So i bid n won them. They arrived this morning. I bought them for 2 reasons tbh, 1 - that I MIGHT get into them one day and they arent going to go out of date.
The main reason i bought them though was because when I get fed up with myself and feel that its not worth the hassle, (im sure there will be days like that ) Ill get them out and hang them on the wardrobe where i can see them and hopefully it will give me a spur on.
ATM i cant even get my foot in them properly lol and if all ewlse fails they can go back on ebay for £2.00 and ill make a profit :D

Please tell me im not the only one thats done it. ?

Last edited:
Elffie thats a brilliant idea.. you could still make a profit when you HAVE worn them :) My sister in law is getting married next June and none of my husbands family know i am having surgery, I am not likely to see them till next year at the wedding as none of them like dogs, and i have 2 alsations lol. But i am at the moment looking for a dress in a size 14 to wear at her wedding, i am a size 28 now, and i want a nice strappy dress to just above the knee and some nice heeled strappy sandals. I cant walk in heels at the moment and the last time i wore a dress was at my wedding, so this is going to be a good excuse to lose my weight and wear a nice dress and show off my new figure ( i dont want to out shine the bride honestly ;) ) I've just got to find THAT dress now and work hard to fit in it... X

not bought anything like that as i have a full wardrobe of my slim clothes from when i was at my lightest adult weight all those years ago!! dunno why i kept em, just a hoarder me thinks!! but i think i said i fancy a big motorbike, but her indoors would be mightily miffed should i have that just sitting in the garage till i lose enough weight to get onto it comfortably!!

good luck finding that dress, you'll know its the one when you see it.

As for heels, i can walk in them no problem, even got a pair of 6" heels, i can walk in them but I know that my fat ankles make me look stoopid lol. So that will be another nice thing:D

lol yer Marky I'd flip too.

i decorated my bedroom a few months ago, bought new wardrobes so decided to ditch all the smaller clothes, only they got as far as a black bag in the loft. They were on their out to the charity shop but something stopped me. I must have known the appointment was coming lol.

lol yer Marky I'd flip too.

i decorated my bedroom a few months ago, bought new wardrobes so decided to ditch all the smaller clothes, only they got as far as a black bag in the loft. They were on their out to the charity shop but something stopped me. I must have known the appointment was coming lol.

fate my dear, fate ;)

margaret I know what you mean, I did second think myself but then thought stuff it they are £1.50 brand new and i can always sell them again if I dont get to that size.
Im hoping I do as they are lovely but you never know:)

margaret I know what you mean, I did second think myself but then thought stuff it they are £1.50 brand new and i can always sell them again if I dont get to that size.
Im hoping I do as they are lovely but you never know:)

6 P's

PRIOR
PLANNING
PREVENTS
P.SS
POOR
PERFORMANCE

YOU'LL DO IT FOR SURE!!:cool:

good luck finding that dress, you'll know its the one when you see it.

As for heels, i can walk in them no problem, even got a pair of 6" heels, i can walk in them but I know that my fat ankles make me look stoopid lol. So that will be another nice thing:D

Thanks hun when i see the dress i will know its the right one, i have a mental image of it, just got to find it now hehe x

LMAO Marky is that a P.M.A ? :rolleyes:

I had bags full of clothes in storage that were way to small for me when i was bigger, i've now gone through all of those and they are either in the bin or gone to the charity shop now.

I did however buy some clothes that were smaller imaging a day i'd fit into them, which feels great when you eventually do, nowdays my weight lose has really slowed down so i both get more out of my clothes and dont need to buy so oftern, so have no negative feelings about spending more on clothes.

asuming all goes well. i have bought some lovely bras, i was told you need good underware to hide the loose skin so i'm consentrating on that. but i can't wait to go in tescos and buy 2 t-shirts for £6.

I didn't buy any clothes but I did splash out on some Henry Lloyd walking boots and I promised myself that I won't put them on until I am doing some serious walking!!

I've just bought myself some Nike Air Rift trainers today as they look fabulously comfy to walk in!!!

812-2385-thickbox.jpg

hehe Mix those trainers are popular but they always look to me like you only have 2 HUGE toes lol :eek:

I didn't buy any clothes but I did splash out on some Henry Lloyd walking boots and I promised myself that I won't put them on until I am doing some serious walking!!

I've just bought myself some Nike Air Rift trainers today as they look fabulously comfy to walk in!!!

Oooh another walker - what kind of walking do you do Mixman !

I'm of up to Snowdonia in two weeks peak bagging - the harder the climb the more satisfied i get :D

812-2385-thickbox.jpg

They look fantastically comfortable, they'd be black in no time if i wore them tho!!

Oooh another walker - what kind of walking do you do Mixman !

I'm of up to Snowdonia in two weeks peak bagging - the harder the climb the more satisfied i get :D

Well, I do love walking, unfortunately it's not been that great for the past few years! Another past enjoyment I don't have these days! But, I'm getting there now slowly. Only been a month since the op and feeling great already! Appointment with Dr. Ackroyd tomorrow so will ask what I can do!

But yes, when I get fitter, there's going to be no stopping me. There's been a programme on the TV that I've been watching, forget the name, but there's a lady walking on it! I want to see the places she sees!

Well, I do love walking, unfortunately it's not been that great for the past few years! Another past enjoyment I don't have these days! But, I'm getting there now slowly. Only been a month since the op and feeling great already! Appointment with Dr. Ackroyd tomorrow so will ask what I can do!

But yes, when I get fitter, there's going to be no stopping me. There's been a programme on the TV that I've been watching, forget the name, but there's a lady walking on it! I want to see the places she sees!

Do you mean Wainright walks presented by the loverly Julia Bradbury ?

Back